FINAL EVENT INFORMATION: We encourage all competitors to download and read the 'Event Program' before race weekend. This contains all the final event information like schedule, course maps, race rules, and more… and is essential reading for participants and spectators. CLICK HERE FOR PROGRAM.
Kids X-Adventure Course Description and Maps
The kids’ event is designed especially for kids aged up to 14yrs and includes a similar off-road course as the adults just a lot shorter and without any real technical difficulties.
This incredible event regularly attracts over 300 kids who revel in the chance to compete in their own off-road triathlon just like their peirs. It is conducted in a semi-supervised way such that kids have their own adventure but are never too far from a marshal or race HQ.
200m Dunsborough Lakes Ocean Swim
Lining up on the beach, kids will complete a short swim across the small bay in smooth, protected water remaining within the shark proof enclosure the entire way. It has a sandy bottom and is only chest deep for most of the way so provides opportunity for a rest if needed. There will be a water safety team on the water to provide assistance if needed.
2.6km CLIF Bar Coastal Run
Exit the transition area and kids then run along the sandy beach a short way before turning inland and uphill for a blast through the bush and then into Transition #2 in the Country Club. The run avoids the technical rocky sections of coastline but still leads them along a fun trail run in the bush.
5km Mountain Bike
Exit the TA and ride along a fun double track that winds between the golf course fairways dodging kangaroos up to the water tanks, then its anchors-away for a fun descent on single track back to the Country Club where kids ride their bikes across the finish line.
Course key elements
- 3 different wave starts to seperate the older / stronger kids, from the younger ones:
- 2:40pm Under 15yrs individual boys and girls, plus
Under 15yrs relay teams, plus
Under 13yrs individual boys and girls
- 2:46pm Under 11yrs individual boys and girls, plus
Under 11yrs relay teams, plus
- 2:52pm Under 9yrs individual boys and girls
- The course for all legs is clearly marked and kids can follow it unguided – adding to the sense of accomplishment by completing it themselves.
- The run and ride legs are not overly technical and should be fun and achievable for kids of all ages
- Marshals will be located at key points around the course and a medical team onsite to provide assistance if needed.