Kids X-Adventure Course Description and Maps
The kids’ event is designed especially for kids aged up to 14yrs and includes a similar off-road course as the adults just a lot shorter and without any real technical difficulties.
This incredible event regularly attracts over 300 kids who revel in the chance to compete in their own off-road triathlon just like their peirs. It is conducted in a semi-supervised way such that kids have their own adventure but are never too far from a marshal or race HQ.
200m Ocean Swim
Lining up on the beach, kids will complete a short swim across the small bay in smooth, protected water remaining within the shark proof enclosure the entire way. It has a sandy bottom and is only chest deep for most of the way so provides opportunity for a rest if needed. There will be a water safety team on the water to provide assistance if needed.
2.5km Coastal Run
Exit the transition area and kids then run along the sandy beach a short way before turning inland and uphill for a blast through the bush and then into Transition #2 in the Country Club. The run avoids the technical rocky sections of coastline but still leads them along a fun trail run in the bush.
4km Mountain Bike
Exit the TA and ride along a fun double track that winds between the golf course fairways dodging kangaroos up to the water tanks, then its anchors-away for a fun descent on single track back to the Country Club where kids re-rack their bikes in the transition area before the short sprint (on foot) to the finish line.
Course key elements
- 2 different wave starts to seperate the older / stronger kids, from the younger ones:
- Wave 1: U15 and U13 individuals and teams
- Wave 2: (5 mins later) U11 and U9 individuals and teams
- The course for all legs is clearly marked and kids can follow it unguided – adding to the sense of accomplishment by completing it themselves.
- The run and ride legs are not overly technical and should be fun and achievable for kids of all ages
- Marshals will be located at key points around the course and a medical team onsite to provide assistance if needed.