This weekend, over 1,200 competitors and hundreds more spectators will make the journey down south for the 2018 X-Adventure Dunsborough off-road triathlon and new Aquathlon-X through paradise.
The new World Championships qualifier status and WA State Championships titles for the X-Adventure Long Course are added recognition to this popular event.
Returning for its sixth year in 2018, this adventure weekend includes long and short course races, two kids’ events plus the all-new Aquathlon-X, a swim-run for individuals and teams, also a world qualifier.
There are stacked fields in all races this weekend with over 1,200 athletes already entered, and even more on-the-day entrants expected.
X-Adventure Dunsborough is the ultimate mix of triathlon and adventure racing; featuring ocean swimming, trail running and mountain bike riding, with the courses passing through the pristine coastal wilderness of beautiful Geographe Bay and Meelup Regional Park.
When: Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd April, 2018
Where: Dunsborough, WA (based at the Dunsborough Country Club)
Who: Individuals and relay teams are welcome, from 4 years of age and up.
What: Individuals and relay teams will be battling it out in 5 different events:
• Long Course X-Adventure*^: 1500m ocean swim / 12km coast trail run / 20km mountain bike
• Short Course X-Adventure: 700m ocean swim / 6.2km coast trail run / 11km mountain bike
• Kids X-Adventure: 200m swim / 2.5km trail run / 4km mountain bike
• Groms X-Adventure: 800m trail run / 1200m mountain bike (no swim)
• Aquathlon-X*: 1000m ocean swim / 5km coastal trail run
* ITU Cross Triathlon/Aquathlon World Championships qualifying event
^Triathlon WA State Championships
Available on the day at race registration (online entries are now closed).
Saturday 21 April
• 10:30am: RACE START - X-Adventure Short Course race – deep water swim start from the Old Dunsborough boat ramp, near Dunsborough Country Club
• 11:50am: First finishers expected
• 2:40pm: RACE STARTS - Kids X-Adventure race – on beach at the end of Highview Rd
• 3:15pm: First kids finishers expected
• 4:45pm: RACE STARTS - Groms X-Adventure on 18th fairway of the Country Club
• 5:30pm Presentations: Short course, Kids and Groms at Event Expo at Dunsborough Country Club
Sunday 22 April
• 8:00am: RACE START – X-Adventure Long Course race - Old Dunsborough Boat Ramp, at the end of Finlayson St.
• 10:20am: First Long Course finishers expected
• 10:30am: RACE START - Aquathlon-X - Old Dunsborough Boat Ramp, at the end of Finlayson St
• 11:05: First Aquathlon finishers expected
• 12:30pm PRESENTATIONS: Long Course and Aquathlon X-Adventure at Event Expo at Dunsborough Country Club
Event results will be available HERE, via the event website www.Xadventure.com.au
STAY UP TO DATE WITH X-ADVENTURE NEWS AND UPDATES
Facebook – @rapidascentevents | Instagram - @rapidascent | Twitter @Rapid_Ascent | #xadventure
Please keep an eye on the website and Facebook page for all news and updates.