ONLINE ENTRIES HAVE NOW CLOSED
On the day entries will be available, please head to the Entry Information page for more details and to print your entry form prior to race day to save time at registration.
EVENT PROGRAM DOWNLOAD. We strongly encourage all competitors to download and read the event program that includes info like the final event schedule, registration details, course maps and give aways. Download from here (18 meg download).
Welcome to X-Adventure Dunsborough
X-Adventure is the ideal mix between triathlon and adventure racing, combining 3 disciplines - swimming, running and riding
But, rather than sticking to the roads, you’ll be powering along a spectacular off-road course through Dunsborough’s wilderness paradise
The X-Adventure weekend features four different off-road triathlon races so everyone can be part of the action.
All races can be taken on by individuals (doing all legs) or relay teams of up to 3 doing one leg each; you can get your mates together to give it a crack, or make it a family affair.
This massive action weekend is widely recognised as Australia’s biggest off-road triathlon with over 1,500 competitors competing across the two days (Saturday 25th - Sunday 26th March).
Long Course X-Adventure - the Premier event
Designed for the more experienced (or more determined!) individuals and teams who can mix speed and endurance to conquer a spectacular challenge.
The course includes:
- 1500m Dunsborough Lakes ocean swim
- 12.5km coast / trail run
- 20km mountain bike
Read more about the Long Course
Short Course X-Adventure
Designed for intermediate level adventurers who might be tackling an off-road triathlon such as this for the first time. The course includes:
- 700m ocean swim
- 6km coast / trail run
- 11km mountain bike
Read more about the Short Course
Designed for kids aged up to 15yrs so they can have their own off-road adventure (through paradise):
- 200m swim
- 2.5km trail run
- 4km mountain bike
Read more about Kids X-Adventure
A popular new event introduced in 2016 that lets kids aged up to 8yrs join in the off road run with an event of their very own.
- 800m trail run
- 1.2km mountain bike
Read more about Groms X-Adventure
The event is based at the Dunsborough Country Club which provides the perfect venue for a massive finish line, sponsors’ displays, kids entertainment, race transition area plus plenty of food, drinks and the event bar.
Meanwhile the courses stretch into the untouched Meelup Regional Park with all races taking in the sculpted granite coastline, wildflower lined running tracks and the extensive network of mountain bike single track that give everyone so many thrills.
All in all this is adventure paradise and we look forward to sharing it with you over the X-Adventure Dunsborough weekend.
Check out the Travel and Accommodation information.
Triathletes are welcome
Triathletes will find these common similarities between your on-road version and this off-road one:
- Three disciplines: swimming, cycling and running
- Marked course – no maps and compasses are required
- Your Olympic distance tri is similar to our X-Adventure Long Course race (taking about 2hr30min for the winner) and your Sprint distance tri is pretty much equal to our X-Adventure Short Course race (taking about 1hr30min for the winner)
- Easy race logistics with managed transition areas, no support crews necessary and a race hard atmosphere.
New (and exciting) things you’ll find are:
- The leg order has been swapped around. This has a swim, followed by a run, followed by a ride
- Swap your road bike for a mountain bike and your road running for some trail running
- You’ll be racing through stunning wilderness, not following the white lines on the road
Adventure racers are welcome
Adventure racers will find these common similarities between your off-road races and this event, including:
- Three of the same disciplines you’ve always had: swimming, trail running and mountain biking
- The same friendly atmosphere that all off-road races bring to the party
- The same stunning wilderness and technical terrain you’ve grown to love
- Open to individuals and relay teams – so if you only want to do one discipline, then fine – get a few team mates to do the others and you’re in.
New (and exciting) things you’ll find are:
- No paddling – this event has only 3 disciplines
- Easy race logistics – you won’t need a support crew and your family will be able to watch rather than stress out!
- This is a shorter, and maybe faster race compared to say the Augusta Adventure Race so you’ll be kicking back in the bar a little earlier than normal!
All events are based at the Dunsborough Country Club which will be opening up their (superb) facilities to competitors and spectators alike, with registration, sponsors’ expo, food, entertainment, Transition #2 and the race finish line all happening right there. The start and Transition #1 are just 300m away at the Old Dunsborough boat ramp so spectators will also have a field day by being able to leave the car and walk from one spot to the next without traffic worries.
Previous events have been terrific successes with nearly 1,500 competitors so make sure you are part of the action in 2016.
See the Training and Preparation page for advice.