Answers to frequently asked questions about X-Adventure
If you cannot find the answer to your question please email email@example.com
1. What happens at race registration?
At race registration you will be required to collect your race items such as your number plate(s). NOTE: Competitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian to registration to sign indemnity form.
2. Can I register on behalf of my team mate?
Yes – not all team members have to attend registration. One team member can collect all items.
3. Do all of my team members need to register at the same time?
No – only 1 person from the team needs to register
4. What do I need to bring to registration?
Nothing – just a smile. We will have everything you need.
5. Can I update team details at race registration?
Yes – but a $20 administration fee does apply. Changes can be done online until 8am AEST Monday 20th March 2017 via your Event Plus account.
6. How do I update my team details?
You are required to log into Event Plus via your confirmation email and enter your team code. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any issues.
7. Is it ok if I change from an Individual to a team?
Yes – you need to notify us of this change prior to 8am AEST Monday 20th March. No refund will be given with notification after Friday 3rd March 2017.
8. I need to withdraw from the event?
Email email@example.com to arrange your refund or notify us that you will not be racing.
Please note the Refund Policy.
9. Is it compulsory to attend the race briefing?
No – as long as you have read the event program and have a thorough understanding of the race. Any major changes will be communicated to all competitors via the website, Facebook and at the race start. The race briefing is a great time to ask questions etc.
10. Teams Only – What do we do with the bib and timing chip?
The bib and timing chip will be given to the swimmer (Leg 1) – the bib and timing chip is passed on to all competitors at each transition. It’s like a relay baton. The bib must be the outer most garment at all times. Timing chip must be worn on the left ankle (needs to be close to the ground to ensure an accurate reading). Do not place timing bands on bike handle bars. Timing chips must be returned after the race at the finish line. A fee will be applied if they are not returned.
11. Where do I put the timing chip?
Your timing chip must be worn around your left ankle at all times. It needs to be on the ankle so it’s close to the timing mats. If you wear this on your wrist, we cannot guarantee you an accurate result.
12. Is there a water station on the run leg?
No – you must carry your own hydration for the run leg.
13. What type of bike helmet is required?
Certified Bike Helmet to Aust/NZ/US standard. It must be fasten before leaving a transition area. Penalties will apply for competitors who do not adhere to race rules.
14. When should I pick up my race gear from the transition areas?
As soon as possible. If you are a team, it would be great if you can pick up as you go. If you are an individual, perhaps have your support crew meet you at each TA collecting your items.
15. What happens to items left at the transition area?
Any items left at the transition areas will be taken back to the finish line and placed in Lost Property. Please label ALL items with your name, phone number and race number. We do not take responsibility for lost items.
16. Do I have to be at presentations to collect my prize?
Yes – we encourage all winning positions to be at presentations as we do not post out prizes or medals.
17. Where can I view race results?
Results will be displayed on this website soon after the event. See Results here.
18. Where can I view event photos?
Photos will be available to purchase the week after the event from the event website. See the Photos page for details.
19. Can I add optional insurance to my entry now?
Yes - please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange adding insurance to your entry. This is an option during the online registration process. This cannot be added after Monday 20th March 2017.
20. Who can enter the Kids X-Adventure Race?
Competitors must be under 15 on race day to enter this event.
There is no minimum age to enter the event but competitors MUST be able to swim a minimum of 200m unassisted.
21. Is there an event familiarisation day for X-Adventure 2017?
No - we will not be holding a familiarisation day for 2017. Please refer to the relevant course description page for any information regarding the course.
22. Can I wear a wetsuit for the swim?
Yes - you can wear a wetsuit for the swim.
23. What is the depth of the water on the run leg that you are required to go through?
For 2017, there shouldn't be any wading required in the run leg of the course as we removed the old water jump 2 years ago.
24. Can I arrange a Rapid Ascent gift voucher?
Yes - please email email@example.com with your details