An incredible race through paradise
X-Adventure Dunsborough is the ultimate mix of triathlon and adventure racing; featuring ocean swimming, trail running and mountain bike riding conducted in a friendly, welcoming atmosphere for everyone.
As well as being Australia's largest off-road triathlon it is also take place in the pristine wilderness surrounding Dunsborough with a crystal clear water swim, stunning granite coastline run and wildflower hinterland mountain bike.
Step up to the challenge by racing solo or team up with your friends to be part of the fun of X-Adventure 2018!
ITU Cross Triathlon World Championships qualifying event | WA State Championships | Plus NEW Aquathlon race!
- WHEN: Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd April 2018 (confirmed date for 2018)
- WHAT: An epic adventure triathlon in paradise with Long Course, Short Course and 2 kids races; plus NEW Aquathon!
- WHERE: Dunsborough, WA – one of the finest race venues in the world and a favourite weekend escape destination
- WHO: Individuals and relay teams, of all ages and levels. 1,500 competitors annually take part in this event making it Australia's Biggest Off-Road Triathlon!
- ENTRIES: Available on event weekend in-person. Closed online 17 April. Click Here for details
- FEES: Click Here for Entry Info and Fees
The weekend includes races of 4 different off-road triathlon distances, plus NEW Aquathlon race, so everyone can be involved (right down to 4yr/olds!)
FINAL EVENT INFORMATION: We encourage all competitors to download and read the event program which contains all the final event information like schedule, rules, course descriptions and maps… CLICK HERE to download (right click ‘save as’ 15meg pdf).
A race for all ages and levels
- Long Course X-Adventure*^: 1500m ocean swim / 12km coast trail run / 20km mountain bike
- Short Course X-Adventure: 700m ocean swim / 6km coast trail run / 11km mountain bike
- Kids X-Adventure: 200m swim / 2.5km trail run / 4km mountain bike
- Groms X-Adventure: 800m trail run / 1200m mountain bike (no swim)
- Aquathlon-X*: 1000m swim / 5km trail run - NEW
* ITU Cross Triathlon World Championships qualifying event
^Triathlon WA State Championships
The location and course
X-Adventure is an event that will go straight to the memory bank as not only an awesome challenge, but also for the sheer beauty of the landscapes you race through.
Dunsborough on beautiful Geographe Bay, WA, is renowned for its stunning coastal trails, beautiful blue water and awe-inspiring scenery, and that’s why it’s the chosen spot for this spectacular off-road triathlon.
You’ll swim through the turquoise waters of one of Western Australia's best beaches, run along a sculpted granite coastline interspersed with golden sand, and get to enjoy the roller coaster single track through fields of wildflowers and native grasstrees on your mountain bike.
Check out some of the amazing photos from the 2017 event thanks to Supersport and SkyWorks WA :
“The course is amazing - a great swim, rock hopping along the coast, able to pick up a bit of speed on the trail run on the way back and then the mountain bike course just speaks for itself - it’s a mountain bikers dream with heaps of single track and twists and turns. I was smiling the whole way!” Ben Allen, X-Adventure Dunsborough Long Course Winner 2014 and 2015