All riders must register in person between 3:00pm and 6:00pm on Wednesday 21st August 2019 at the Event Centre at the Mercure Alice Springs Resort.
At registration you will receive:
- Number plate. Fill out the emergency details on the back, then fix your personalised number plate to the front of your bike with the zip ties provided. Number plates cannot be trimmed or altered in any way, must remain on your bike for the duration of the event and have the Race Management emergency contact telephone numbers on the back
- Event Hoodie for competitors who have entered all 6 stages.
- A printed copy of the event program.
Note: You do not need a MTBA licence or day licence to compete.
All riders are strongly encouraged to attend the competitors’ briefing at 6:00pm on Wednesday 21st August 2019 at the Mercure Alice Springs Resort where final updates and information on the event will be given to all competitors
Event Centre - Mercure Alice Springs Resort
An Event Centre will be set up at the official event hotel - the Mercure Alice Springs Resort and will be the social hub of the week. Whether you are staying at the Mercure or not, you are most welcome to come and enjoy the resort’s facilities - pool, bar, restaurant and of course the Event Centre that will be set up all week in their beautiful grounds.
- Alice Springs Bike Centre - the local bike shop will be set up for repairs and maintenance on bikes and retail various bike components during the event. We encourage you to support this local shop for any work required over the weekend. Mechanic work will be charged at standard shop rates.
Also available will be:
- Printed results from each stage and general classification for the end of each day
- Start times for each rider for time trial legs
- Yummy lunches, evening meals and snacks all day every day. The Mercure has altered their menu to especially cater for the needs of cyclists and will have a range of healthy food options available throughout the event.
- The KRUSH Bike Wash Station
- Event bar, swimming pool and beer garden – all part of the hotel but open to anyone involved with the event
- A bike wash facility where you can give your ride some love’n every day.
Presentations will be held for each stage at the times listed above, and provide a terrific opportunity to catch up with the riders in a friendly, social environment. We encourage all riders to attend the stage presentations as we’ll be recounting a few stories from the day’s racing, and handing out plenty of spot prizes that anyone can win. We will also be awarding a prize to the stage winners in each category and will present the prestigious Yellow Leader’s Jerseys to the overall leading male and female by general classification that they will wear for the following day’s racing.
- Tourism NT Stage 1 and Rapid Ascent Stage 2 - Thursday 7:00pm at the Mercure Alice Springs Resort
- Stage 3 - Friday 6:00pm at the Alice Springs Golf Club immediately before the start of Stage 4
- Stage 4 - Friday 8:30pm at the Alice Springs Golf Club immediately after Stage 4
- Ultimate Ride Bicycle Centre Stage 5 - Saturday 6:00pm at The Mercure Alice Springs
- Mercure Alice Springs Resort Stage 6 - Sunday from 6:00pm with the main event presentations at Mercure Alice Springs Resort.
Airport Transfers- $15 pp each way ($27 with your bike)
Airport transfers are provided by the Alice Wanderer and are available for $15 per person per transfer, or $27 with your bike.
TO BOOK: Airport transfer bookings are best made when you enter the event via the The Redback entry system by 8:00am AEST Friday 19th July. Please ensure you complete all relevant flight details in the system; if you do not complete ALL the details, you transfer booking will not be confirmed.
If you have already entered The Redback but would still like to book transfers or if you have any queries, please email us via email@example.com or 03 52615511.
As many stage start locations are different to the finish locations we will take your clothing from one to the other while you’re racing. Just drop your clothing off to us at the race info marquee at the start line and then collect it from the same marquee at the finish.
But there are some pointers to make this easy for you and for us:
- Please label all your clothing with name and mobile number
- Please put all your clothing in a bag with your name, race number and mobile number on it. This makes it easier to transport and easier to find again at the finish line.
- Whilst we will try our very best, we accept no responsibility for any items that may be lost .We recommend that you do not give us any valuables.
All water points will have water and electrolyte available for you to fill up your water bottles and drinking system bladders, but we will also transfer your water bottles to these locations so you can have your own ‘special formula’ whilst out on the track.
Bottles for transport to each water point need to be organised as follows:
- Bottles will need to be delivered to the event officials at the stage presentations the day before.
- All bottles must be very clearly marked with your race number written around the top.
- Bottles will then be placed in numerical order at the water point for quick collection.
- Empty bottles can be collected from that stage’s presentations – ready for you to refill and then give them back to us for the next stage.
'KRUSH' BIKE WASH STATION
We will have the ultimate bike wash station, fully stocked with KRUSH Bike Wash products so you can give your ride a bit of love after each stage. The bike wash station will be located in the Mercure Resort and is freely available for anyone and everyone to use, with plenty of water, brushes and KRUSH's superb products for the duration of the event.
Alice Springs Climate Averages for August
The climate in Alice Springs for the month of August is not nearly as hot as you'd imagine and is ideally suited to mountain biking with cool mornings warming up to approximately 25 degrees in the middle of the day and then cooling off in the evenings. It is likely to feel quite cool to cold in the morning so make sure you bring a warm layer or two, but be ready to strip off as the day warms up (cycling arm and leg warmers ideal).
- Average daily max 25 degC in the shade
- Mean 9am temp 16 degC in the shade
- Average night min 8.3 degC
- Average Rainy days 3.1
- Average Cloudy days 7.6
- Ave sunrise 7:00 am
- Ave Sunset 6:00 pm
Also be wary of sunburn, you will likely be outside in the sun for most of the day. There is not a lot of shade around so make sure you put sun-screen on before you head out.
There is loads to do around Alice Springs beyond just riding bikes so why not plan to arrive a couple of days early and enjoy some of the sites, or hang around for a few days afterwards and race on down to Ayers Rock to take it all in.
Check out the Travel and Accommodation page to help plan your holiday.