The following categories will be acknowledged after each stage as a 'Stage Winner'.
Four-Stage runners and single-stage runners are eligible.
The Malbunka and The Namatjira:
- Junior (U/18) Individual - Male & Female
- Prime (18-39) Individual - Male & Female
- Veteran (40-49) Individual - Male & Female
- Vintage (50-59) Individual - Male & Female
- Masters (60+) Individual - Male & Female
Categories are determined by your age on the first day of racing (Friday 16 August).
A daily presentation ceremony will be held for each stage as follows:
- Stage 1 presentations at the mid event dinner on Saturday night at The Mercure
- Stage 2 presentations at the mid event dinner on Saturday night at The Mercure
- Stage 3 presentations on the evening of Stage 3 at Glen Helen Homestead Lodge
- Stage 4 presentations on the evening of Stage 4 at Glen Helen Homestead Lodge
Daily presentations include:
- Presentation of the leaders' yellow sticker to the leading male and female in the General Classification for both the Malbunka and Namatjira
- Individual male and female category stage winners (four-stage runners and single-stage runners are eligible)
- Plus a bunch of random prizes given away to runners across all divisions
A final presentation ceremony will be held on Monday evening (of Stage 4) to recognise the following from the past 4 days:
- Top 3 male and females in the General Classification from The Malbunka and The Namatjira who entered as a Four-Stage Runner prior to Stage 1
- Top 3 male and female in each age category in The Malbunka and The Namatjira (listed above) who entered as a 'Four-Stage Rider' prior to Stage 1
- Overall and Catgeory winners in the General Classifcation will receive a custom medal
- Plus a bunch of random prizes
UTMB qualifying race
The Run Larapinta Stage Race - Malbunka is registered with the International Trail Running Association (ITRA) and will provide successful runners with ITRA points (to help runners qualify for large international races), and UTMB points as an official qualifying race for this iconic event:
Malbunka - 4 stage finishers receive:
- ITRA rating: 3 Endurance Points, 3 Mountain Points and Finisher Rating of 250.
- UTMB points: 3 Points (new system).
For further information on what the ITRA points mean click here and for more information on the UTMB (Ultra Trail Du Mont Blanc) click here.