FINAL EVENT INFORMATION: We encourage all competitors to download and read the official Run Larapinta 'Event Program' before you arrive at Alice Springs. This contains all the final event information like schedule, course maps, cut-off times, mandatory gear lists… and is essential reading when completing your final preparations for the event. (We will also give you a printed copy during registration). CLICK HERE to download (11meg, right click and ‘save as’)
Online entries are now closed. On-the-day entries are available at Race Registration. Registration is open from 12-3pm on Friday 17 August at The Mercure Alice Springs.
To speed up the process at registration, please download and complete this entry form:
>> RUN LARAPINTA ENTRY FORM <<
We look forward to seeing you in Alice Springs!
2018 Entry information and inclusions
How do I particpate in Run Larapinta?
1. Enter Run Larapinta - fee details below
2. Book your accommodation - at both Alice Springs and Glen Helen
3. Book your flights
4. Book your transfers - race start/finish and airport transfers
Scroll down or click the index link below for further details about entries. Please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org or (03) 5261 5511 if you have any questions:
Online entries for Run Larapinta will close 08:00am AEST Tuesday 14 August.
Malbunka (Long Course) entry fees
Four-Stage Runner - If you enter all 4 of The Malbunka stages the entry fees are as follows:
- Base Entry Fee: $812 if you enter before 8:00am AEST Monday 16 July
- Late Entry Fee: $865 if you enter between 8:00am AEST Monday 16 July and 8:00am Tuesday 14 August
Single-Stage Runner - if you enter only 1, 2 or 3 of The Malbunka stages (as single stages) the entry fees are as follows:
||Enter prior to 8:00am Monday 16 July
|Enter after 8:00am Monday 16 July
All Malbunka entrants must meet the entry requirements as listed below.
Namatjira (Short Course) entry fees
Four-Stage Runner - If you enter all 4 of The Namatjira stages the entry fees are as follows:
- Base entry fee: $681 if you enter before 8:00am AEST Monday 16 July
- Late entry fee: $730 if you enter between 8:00am AEST Monday 16 July and 8:00am Tuesday 14 August
Single-Stage Runner - if you enter only 1, 2 or 3 of The Namatjira stages (as single stages) the entry fees are as follows:
||Enter prior to 8:00am Monday 16 July
|Enter after 8:00am Monday 16 July
ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
The Malbunka - Entry Qualifications
To be able to participate in any or all stages of the Malbunka, runners must have completed any one of the following between August 2016 and the 2018 race:
- A 50km trail running race OR
- A 100km trail running race OR
- A marathon in a time of under 4.5 hours (this may be a road or trail marathon on flat terrain)
- Previously completed the Malbunka at Run Larapinta 2016 or 2017
We have set in place these requirements to help ensure runners have the required skills and experience to complete the Malbunka stages safely and within the cut off times. You will be asked to provide a URL link to your race result as evidence of your satisfaction of these requirements during the online entry process (so have it handy when entering). If you have not yet completed these requirements but intend to do so before the 2018 Run Larapinta you can enter TBA in the field whilst entering and advise us at a later date.
The Namatjira - Entry RecoMmendations
Prior to competing in any stage of The Namatjira, we strongly recommend competitors have completed the following as an absolute minimum:
- A 30+km trail run in the past year
This is not a hard and fast requirement but a strong recommendation.
General RecoMmendations for All Runners
We strongly recommend that prior to competing at Run Larapinta all competitors should have:
- trained on rough, rocky, technical and uneven terrain on a considerable number of occasions
- run off-road using a headtorch in the dark
- experienced running with up to 3L of water in your backpack, plus other mandatory gear (ie. total back pack weight of 5-6kg)
ENTRY FEE INCLUSIONS
Participants entering Run Larapinta (in either Malbunka or Namatjira) will receive the following included in their entry fee:
- Short-sleeved technical t-shirt with customised event print
- Acces to high resolution event photographs during and immediately after the event
- Fully marked and serviced race course
- Professional medical support throughout the race
- A free 5 month training program specific to Run Larapinta prepared by 2016 race winner Hanny Allston
- Access to fresh fruit, cake and lollies at the finish of each stage
- Entry to the final event presentation dinner on Monday night at Glen Helen*
- Admission to Standley Chasm Park
- Larapinta Trail Park Fees
- Electronic timing and results
- Printed copy of the event program
- Personalised race plate (plus a small running plate for your back pack)
- Finishers gift
Run Larapinta is the ideal event to attend with a bunch of trail running buddies as a social adventure together.
If you enter as part of a group of 5 or more '4 Stage Runners', you will receive an event branded HOODY, customised with your Group Name on the front.
To enter as part of a group simply add your group name when prompted during the entry process. We will match you up with your fellow group members. Please note all group entires must be submitted by Friday 29 June 2018.
TRANSFERS AND BUSES
AIRPORT TRANSFERS are availble for purchase for $15 per person per transfer.
RACE TRANSFERS are available for $150 per person, these include all transfers to/from the race start/finish lines as well as a transfer back to the airport from Glen Helen on Tuesday.
You can purchase transfers via the event registration system. If you have already registered but would like to make a transfer booking, please email email@example.com. More information around transfers is available HERE
All AIRPORT TRANSFERS AND RACE TRANSFER bookings must be made by Friday 27th July 2018. Airport transfer bookings made after this date must be made directly with the transfer company of your choice. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office on (03) 5261 5511 if you have any questions.
15% DISCOUNT FOR LOCALS
Local Alice Springs runners can enjoy a 15% discount on your entry fees into any or all stages of the event, provided that you are:
- a permanent resident of Alice Springs
- enter any stage in the race before Wednesday 1st August, 2018
How do I arrange this?
- Enter online normally and pay the full entry fee
- Answer 'yes' to Locals Discount during the registration process
We will then give you your 15% entry fee discount back as cash when you register upon presentation of your proof of address in Alice Springs - such as a driver's licence with your address on it. If you have any queries please email email@example.com
GPS TRACKERS: inReach 2-Way Satellite Communicator FOR HIRE for $99
We have arranged for satellite communicators to be available for runners to hire for your added safety whilst participating in the Run Larapinta Stage Race.
Whilst we will have manned checkpoints with medics on site and will provide a high level of care and supervision of all competitors, due to the remoteness of the course we cannot be everywhere at once (far from it). So if you are particularly safety conscious, want an added safety net or want your family and friends to know where you are we recommend hiring a cummunicator.
CLICK HERE for more information.
Please make payment for tracker hire via the merchandise shop. If you have already entered, simply log back into your entry then click on 'shop' to select the item and make payment. Trackers will be available for collection at race registration.
TERMS OF ENTRY
Click here to download a copy of the Terms of Entry Form. If you have any questions about this, please contact Rapid Ascent via firstname.lastname@example.org
ENTRY AND REFUND POLICY
If a competitor voluntarily withdraws from the event prior to 8:00am AEST Friday 27th July, 2018 they have the option of:
- Refund less a 25% administration fee (Minimum $10, Maximum $100)
- Rapid Ascent credit for another event entry less a 20% administration fee
If a competitor voluntarily withdraws from the event after 8:00am AEST Friday 27th July, 2018:
- No cash refund or credit will be issued. This will be strictly enforced as costs for your entry have already being incurred.
- Payment for online entries is via Credit Card transaction via our secure, 128-bit encrypted credit card payment gateway. Should you require alternative payment options please contact Rapid Ascent
- An individual or team may transfer their entry to another individual for a $15 transfer up to 8:00am AEST Tuesday 14 August 2018. No transfers after this date.
- Providing there are spaces available, a runner may transfer from a higher entry fee event (eg long course event) to a lower entry fee event (eg short course) up to 8:00am AEST Tuesday 14 August 2018. In this case, the difference between the two entry fees will not be refunded.
- Providing there are spaces available, a runner may transfer from a lower entry fee event (eg short course) to a higher entry fee event (eg long course) up to 8:00am AEST Tuesday 14 August 2018 for the cost of the increase in entry fee only – no admin fee will be charged.
- If the event is deemed unsafe or unable to be held on the proposed date due to extreme climatic conditions, the following steps shall be followed:
- Rapid Ascent will endeavour to reschedule the event to another date with all entries carrying over to the new date
- If you are unable to attend the newly proposed date no refunds will be made
- If the event cannot be rescheduled for any reason, Rapid Ascent will offer a full refund OR offer participants an entry credit (of the same value) to a future Rapid Ascent event.
- In all other circumstances it should be assumed that the event is still going ahead UNLESS otherwise stated
- Rapid Ascent reserves the right to alter or amend the originally proposed course(s) from that which was published on the event website for any reason
- Advice of any event postponement or change will be made on the front page of the event website as early as possible before the event, and will be posted to the official race notice board at the registration marquee.