Welcome to Run Larapinta
Run Larapinta is a 4 day, 4 stage trail running race along the most spectacular sections of the iconic Larapinta Trail in Australia's Northern Territory.
Boundless beauty, breathless exuberance, day-old friendships that will last for years and the unspoilt grandeur of a landscape that transcends time… this is an extraordinary run that should be on every bucket list.
"The scenery is unlike anything else and pushes you through some challenging terrain. Would recommend this event to all trail runners!" - Caitlin Campbell (2017 participant)
WHEN: Friday 17th - Monday 20th August 2018
WHERE: Larapinta Trail in the MacDonnell Ranges; Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia.
WHO: Runners and trail runners worldwide are welcome; from the recreational to the elite. You don't need to be fast but you do need to be determined and with long and short course options anyone can complete it.
LOGISTICS: You book your own accommodation and we arrange all the other race logistics for you, so at the end of each day's running you can kick back around the hotel pool and enjoy the unspoilt beauty of the Red Centre.
HOW: CLICK HERE TO ENTER
FEES: Click Here for Entry Info and Fees
WHAT: Two course distance options as listed below:
The Malbunka (long course)*
The Namatjira (short course)
20km - 45km stages
11km - 30km stages
- Stage 1: 19.5km around Alice Springs to the Old Telegraph Station
- Stage 2: 41km from Simpson’s Gap to Standley Chasm
- Stage 3: 30.5km from Ochre Pits to Ormiston Gorge
- Stage 4: 45km from Redbank Gorge to Mt Sonder and Glen Helen
- Stage 1: 11km around Alice Springs to the Old Telegraph Station
- Stage 2: 20km from The Old Hamilton Downs Station to Standley Chasm
- Stage 3: 22km from Glen Helen to Ormiston Gorge via Ormiston Pound
- Stage 4: 30km from Redbank Gorge to and Glen Helen
|VIEW MALBUNKA DETAILS
||VIEW NAMATJIRA DETAILS
Join us for an unforgetable race experience!
"Run Larapinta is more than a race, it's an adventure, an opportunity for self-discovery in an iconic landscape of open plains, red rocks and blue skies." Marion (2016 participant)
*please note, the Malbunka course has a minimum entry requirement, and is aimed at trail runners. Walking the entire course each day will NOT meet the cut-offs.