Welcome to Run Larapinta
16-19 August, 2019 - entries now open!
Run Larapinta is a 4 day, 4 stage trail running race along the most spectacular sections of the iconic Larapinta Trail in Australia's Northern Territory.
Boundless beauty, breathless exuberance, day-old friendships that will last for years and the unspoilt grandeur of a landscape that transcends time… this is an extraordinary run that should be on every bucket list.
"The combination of hard running with comfort at the end of the day is a good one. And you can’t beat the scenery! I loved every minute of both running and meeting other runners... sharing these 4 days I've made friends for life!" - Yvonne (2018 participant)
WHEN: Friday 16 to Monday 19 August 2019
WHERE: Larapinta Trail in the MacDonnell Ranges; Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia.
WHO: Runners and trail runners worldwide; from the recreational to the elite. You don't need to be fast but you do need to be determined.
WHAT: Two course distance options:
The Malbunka (long course)*
The Namatjira (short course)
20km - 45km stages
11km - 30km stages
- Stage 1: 19.5km around Alice Springs to the Old Telegraph Station
- Stage 2: 41km from Simpson’s Gap to Standley Chasm
- Stage 3: 30.5km from Ochre Pits to Ormiston Gorge
- Stage 4: 45km from Redbank Gorge to Mt Sonder and Glen Helen
- Stage 1: 11km around Alice Springs to the Old Telegraph Station
- Stage 2: 20km from The Old Hamilton Downs Station to Standley Chasm
- Stage 3: 22km from Glen Helen to Ormiston Gorge via Ormiston Pound
- Stage 4: 30km from Redbank Gorge to and Glen Helen
|VIEW MALBUNKA DETAILS
||VIEW NAMATJIRA DETAILS
*NOTE, the Malbunka course has a minimum entry requirement, and is aimed at trail runners. Walking the entire course each day will NOT meet the cut-offs.
LOGISTICS: You book your own accommodation and we arrange all the other race logistics for you!
ENTRY FEE'S & INFO: Click Here
ENTRIES ARE NOW OPEN: Click Here
HOW TO PARTICIPATE: Interested participants are advised to follow a simple 4 step process involving entering the event online, booking transfers, accommodation and flights... with all the information on how to do so provided by us! CLICK HERE FOR "STEP BY STEP GUIDE
Check out some of the 2018 highlights and race summaries in these Facebook albums:
Stage 1 photo album, Stage 2 photo album, Stage 3 photo album, Stage 4 photo album
Join us for an unforgetable race experience!