Volunteering is another great way to be involved...
You don’t have to be a runner or a walker to get involved in Run for Geelong’s Kids… you can volunteer! Run Geelong wouldn’t be the event it is without the support of our wonderful volunteers, so why not get involved that way? Volunteers are needed to help fulfil a range of important tasks such as:
- Helping run registration and race pack collection – a very social role
- Looking after people’s clothing whilst they are running/walking
- Manning drink stations – a popular but busy spot!
- Helping at the start and finish area in the middle of the action
- Course marshalling where you direct the runners the right way
What do I get? All volunteers receive a special ‘Race Official’ event t-shirt, lunch on the day and plenty of guidance and support on what to do. Its genuinely a fun and very rewarding day!
When? Volunteers are needed during Race Pack collection on Thursday 15th November through to Saturday 17th November and then the majority of help is needed on race day morning on Sunday 18th November.
If you’d like to help out, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your details via the form below and in the comments boxes let us know when you’re available and what type of role you’d like to do.