Love our city but not a keen runner? We’ve got you covered!
Designed for those who love being active or are passionate about supporting our local community, the TAC 5km Family Walk is unmissable. Enjoy a beautiful stroll through our city sights, all while doing something great for both your health and our community!
Exact distance: 5.05km.
- The start and then walking around Western Beach Rd with thousands of others around you.
- Going up the magnificent Moorabool Street as an iconic central feature of the event.
- Going past the Geelong Hospital, pausing to grab a drink and say hello to the patients and staff who have come out to cheer you on.
- Rolling along Garden Street with the Eastern Gardens on your right and some of East Geelong’s classic homes on your left
- Descending down Eastern Beach Road to the triumphant finish line adjacent Steampacket Gardens on the water front.
Water stations will be manned by volunteers and will have cups of water on tables for you to collect as you run past. Please try and put your cup into one of the bins provided after the water point. Water points will be located at:
- just before the 3km pt – in front of the Geelong Hospital on Ryrie St
- The finish line – on the grass at Steampacket Gardens
Start time: 8:45am Sunday 18th November, 2018
All 5km walkers will start together at the one start line, located on Western Beach Rd at the corner with Gheringhap St.
Although the 5km walk is not a race and is un timed, we encourage those who walk a bit faster than others to position yourself towards the front, and those slower walkers or with prams to be in the middle and back of the field
The start chute is best accessed from the northern side of Western Beach Rd.
Finish line: Eastern Beach Rd directly opposite Steampacket Gardens
NOTE: Pets, scooters, skates, skateboards or bikes are NOT permitted on the course.