Easy? No way! Fun? Absolutely!
The 5km run is the perfect starting point for new runners, as well as a great opportunity for passionate runners to better their time... this is a run for everyone!
Exact distance: 5.05km.
- The start and then running around Western Beach Rd with thousands of runners around you.
- Running up the magnificent Moorabool Street as an iconic central feature of the event.
- Going past the Geelong Hospital, slowing down to grab a drink and say hello to the patients and staff who have come out to cheer you on.
- Running along Garden Street with the Eastern Gardens on your right and some of East Geelong’s classic homes on your left
- Descending down Eastern Beach Road to the triumphant finish line adjacent Steampacket Gardens on the water front.
Water stations will be manned by volunteers and will have cups of water on tables for you to collect as you run past. Please try and put your cup into one of the bins provided after the water point. Water points will be located at:
- just before the 3km pt – in front of the Geelong Hospital on Ryrie St
- The finish line – on the grass at Steampacket Gardens adjacent the finish line
Start time: 8:30am Sunday 18th November, 2018
All 5km runners will start together at the one start line, located on Western Beach Rd at the corner with Gheringhap St.
The start chute will be divided into 4 different speed zones and we strongly encourage all runners to position themselves in the speed zone appropriate to your ability. The speed zones will be:
- Olympians (for the fastest runners!)
- Fast paced
- Medium paced
- Leisurely paced (for those who take their time!)
The start chute is best accessed from the northern side of Western Beach Rd.
Finish line: Eastern Beach Rd directly opposite Steampacket Gardens