Are you ready to take on Moorabool Street like a true champion? Then get ready, get set, because this event is for you!
Designed for those who like to embrace a bigger challenge or push themselves to new levels, the 10km run follows a scenic course through some of Geelong's most popular precincts
Exact distance: 10.0km.
- The start and then running around Western Beach Rd with thousands of runners around you.
- Running up the magnificent Moorabool Street as an iconic central feature of the event.
- Going past the Geelong Hospital, slowing down to grab a drink and say hello to the patients and staff who have come out to cheer you on.
- Winding around Eastern Gardens on the beautiful tree lined roads.
- Heading for home Hearne Parade with its limitless views across Corio Bay to the You Yangs and beyond.
- Descending down Eastern Beach Road to the triumphant finish line adjacent Steampacket Gardens on the water front.
Water stations will be manned by volunteers and will have cups of water on tables for you to collect as you run past. Please try and put your cup into one of the bins provided after the water point. Water points will be located at:
- 3km pt – in front of the Geelong Hospital on Ryrie St
- 6.5km pt – in Eastern Gardens on Eastern Park Circuit
- The finish line – on the grass at Steampacket Gardens adjacent the finish line
Start time: 8:00am Sunday 18th November, 2018
All 10km runners will start together at the one start line, located on Western Beach Rd at the corner with Gheringhap St.
The start chute will be divided into 4 different speed zones and we strongly encourage all runners to position themselves in the speed zone appropriate to your ability. The speed zones will be:
- Olympians (for the fastest runners!)
- Fast paced
- Medium paced
- Leisurely paced (for those who take their time!)
The start chute is best accessed from the northern side of Western Beach Rd.
Finish line: Eastern Beach Rd directly opposite Steampacket Gardens