Almost 1,300 off-road athletes will be heading down south to race through coastal wilderness for Australia's largest off-road triathlon X-Adventure Dunsborough this weekend.
Now in its fifth year, X-Adventure is the ultimate mix of triathlon and adventure racing; featuring ocean swimming, trail running and mountain bike riding.
The action weekend includes races of four different distances for all ages and levels, from the premier Long Course Race over 35km down to the Grom’s X-Adventure over 2km for junior competitors.
Sun, light winds, and just a chance of showers on Sunday will mean the water should be smooth, the tracks fast and the temperatures optimal for some great off-road racing.
Each year X-Adventure attracts a range of elite and aspiring athletes as well as individuals and relay teams. French professional triathlete Simon Billeau, off-road triathlete Renata Bucher and former X-Adventure champion Jess Reynolds are just some of the elite athletes heading to Dunsborough for X-Adventure this weekend.
Check out the competitor list for more.
• Dunsborough, WA (based at the Dunsborough Country Club)
• The start line for the Short Course and Long Course X-Adventure will be by the Old Dunsborough boat ramp
• An extensive Event Expo on the 18th fairway on the Dunsborough Country Club is the perfect place to watch it all unfold, packed with sponsors stands, food, beverages, live entertainment and the finish line.
Saturday 25 March
• 11:00am RACE START Short Course X-Adventure
• 3:00pm RACE START Kid's X-Adventure
• 4:30pm RACE START Groms' X-Adventure
• 5:15pm Presentations at Dunsborough Country Club
• 10:00am - 5:30pm Event Expo and Kids Entertainment under way
Sunday 26 March
• 8:00am RACE START Long Course X-Adventure
• 9:00am - 1:00pm Event Expo and Kids Entertainment under way
• 12:30pm Presentations for Long X-Adventure
Individuals and relay teams will be battling it out in four different events:
• Long Course X-Adventure: 1500m ocean swim / 12km coast trail run / 20km mountain bike
• Short Course X-Adventure: 700m ocean swim / 6.2km coast trail run / 11km mountain bike
• Kids X-Adventure: 200m swim / 2.5km trail run / 4km mountain bike
• Groms X-Adventure: 800m trail run / 1200m mountain bike (no swim)
Event website: Xadventure.com.au
Live event results will be available via THIS LINK
Live tracker is available vie THIS LINK
SOCIAL MEDIA - STAY UP TO DATE WITH RAPID ASCENT NEWS:
Twitter - @Rapid_Ascent | Facebook – Rapid Ascent Events | Instagram - rapidascent | #Xadventure