Hundreds of mountain bikers are making the journey from across Australia for the GT Bike Buller Festival presented by Alpinestars for three massive days of racing on Mt Buller’s internationally-recognised trails.
Now in its ninth year the GT Bike Buller MTB Festival is Australia’s longest running multi format MTB weekend featuring races across virtually all disciplines - Gravity Enduro, Downhill, X-Country, All Mountain, Pump Track, Kids, and Dual Slalom.
The schedule has been consolidated for 2017 into 11 main MTB events to maximise racing opportunities.
Many of Australia’s elite riders will be racing including former Bike Buller winner Adrian AJ Jackson, Xterra pro triathlete and recent Otway Odyssey runner-up Renata Bucher, Team Holden’s Brodie Chapman, 2016 Gravity runner-up Shannon Hewetson, Sarah Booth and Melissa Ansett.
Check out the competitor list for more - http://rapidascent.com.au/BikeBuller/competitorlist
In addition to an extensive Bike Expo, there is plenty for riders and non-riders to enjoy, including a range of social activities and the popular ‘Picnic in the Park’ food, wine and music festival held in the Mirimbah Park at the base of Mt Buller.
• Mt Buller, Victoria, Australia
• An extensive Bike Expo in the Village Square including a broad range of bike brands, components and equipment, races starts and finishes, bouncing castle for kids, live music and MC commentary
Saturday 11 March
• 9:00am Stonefly Circuit 40km race start
• 9:15am Buller Blitz 20km race start
• 10:00am - 3:00pm Outlaw All Mountain Trophy descents
• 2:30pm Fox Kids Village Ride race start
• 5:00pm - 6:00pm 16” Dual Slalom on "Magic Forest"
• 6:00pm - 7:00pm Pump Track Pursuit
• 7:00pm Day 1 Presentations @ pump track
Sunday 12 March
• 8:30am - 3:00pm Brake Burner wave starts and racing
• 9:00am – 4:00pm ABOM Downhill racing under way
• 2:00pm Kids Picnic in the Park ride at Mirimbah
• 7:40pm Day 2 presentations in the Buller Cinema
Monday 13 March
• 8:30am 20km Corn Hill XC race start
• 9:30am - 1:00pm Gravity Enduro wave starts and racing
• 1:00pm Day 3 and final presentations in the village square
Event website: http://rapidascent.com.au/BikeBuller/
Live event results will be available HERE
Live tracker is available vie HERE
SOCIAL MEDIA - STAY UP TO DATE WITH RAPID ASCENT NEWS:
Twitter - @Rapid_Ascent | Facebook – Rapid Ascent Events | Instagram - rapidascent | #gtbikebuller