22-11-13 UPDATE: Official Event Program for the 2013 Lorne Adventure Fest including all the final event information can now be downloaded from here ! It is essential reading for ALL participants (and spectators…).
[Either left click or right click and 'save link as' to your desktop. 15meg].
Friday December 6th, 2013
|6:00pm – 8:00pm
||Lorne Mini (only) registration, Lorne Foreshore
||Lorne Mini (only) competitor briefing, Lorne Foreshore
Saturday December 7th, 2013
|8:00am – 10:00am
||Lorne Mini (only) registration, Adventure Expo on the Lorne Foreshore
|11:00am - 11:10AM
||Lorne Mini wave starts
|11:30pm – 5:30pm
||Adventure Expo open - Lorne Foreshore
|12.30pm – 3:00pm
||Lorne Junior Survivor registration in the Adventure Expo on the Lorne Foreshore
||Lorne Mini winner expected to cross the line
||Lorne Junior Survivor starts in the Adventure Expo on the Lorne Foreshore
||Lorne Mini and Lorne Junior Survivor presentations in the Adventure Expo
||Lorne Adventure Race competitor briefing – Adventure Expo
Sunday December 8th, 2013
||Lorne Adventure Race START
|10:30am - 5:00pm
||Adventure Expo officially open – Adventure Expo on the Lorne Foreshore
|12:00pm – 4:00pm
||Children’s activities at the Adventure Expo
||First Lorne Adventure Race competitor expected to cross the finish line
||Presentations and Random prize give-aways at Adventure Expo
Lorne Mini - Race Start Lorne Beach
- 11:00am Individual Males
- 11:05am Male Teams and MixedTeams
- 11:10am Individual Female and Female Only Teams
We have chosen to provide a female only start to reduce congestion on the swim and provide a less intimidating start for newcomers to the event.
Lorne Mini - Race Registration
Every participant in any race must come to the Event Registration Desk in the Adventure Expo on the Lorne Foreshore before your race to collect your registration pack. Times are listed in the event schedule above and summarised below:
- Friday December 6th: 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- Saturday December 7th: 8:00am – 10:00am
Lorne Junior Survivor
- Saturday December 7th: 12.00pm – 3:00pm
Lorne Adventure Fest
- Saturday December 7th: 11:30am – 5:30pm
- Sunday December 8th: 6:00am – 7:00am (late registration: by prior arrangement only)
Registration packs for team mates WILL NOT be provided to team captains, ALL TEAM MEMBERS MUST COLLECT YOUR PACK PERSONALLY and also sign the race indemnity form. For teams, some items in your registration pack will differ from your team-mates.
Lorne Mini - Competitor briefing
Lorne Mini - 7:00pm, Friday December 6th, Adventure Expo on the Lorne Foreshore
It is highly recommended that all competitors (teams and individuals) attend the competitor briefing where we will explain the course and any last minute information.
Lorne access and parking notes
The Lorne Adventure Fest weekend will bring a significant increase to the number of cars in and around Lorne. No-one wants to be stuck in traffic nor walk away with a parking fine so just be aware of the following points.
- Parking in Lorne throughout the weekend:
- Parking in and around the immediate Lorne foreshore area is limited and bylaw officers will be patrolling streets and fining people who are parked illegally.
- There is plenty of parking near the pier, along Erskine River just north of Erskine Resort and in the streets behind Mountjoy Parade (Great Ocean Road). E.g. Smith Street, Fern Avenue, William Street, Otway Street and Grove Street.
- You will not need to use your car during the event, so leave your car at your accommodation and walk to the expo area. The MTB to Team Run transition area (T4) is only 1.5km from the finish.
- Allow yourself plenty of time before the start to drop off your kayaks and mountain bikes into T1 and T3 (Lorne Foreshore) on Saturday morning.
There will be a festival atmosphere at the Adventure Expo on the Lorne Foreshore, so make sure you bring your family and friends to be a part of the action!
Adventure Expo exhibitors
Something for everyone! Sponsors’ stands and information tents will be set up as part of the Adventure Expo including Surf Coast Shire, Fitness Paddlers Australia, Endura, Funky Trunks, Otway Fly, GMHBA, Brown Magpie, Milk Skin Care, Core Boardsports amongst a few others!
We have plenty of kids’ entertainment to tire out even the most active kids (aside from the Lorne Junior Survivor taking place on Saturday afternoon – further details below). There will be a jumping castle and other games all within the Adventure Expo. Right next to the start / finish area is an extensive playground and skate park and of course the beach, or for a small fee, kids can have fun on the trampolines or play mini golf at the foreshore activity centre
There will be a range of tasty food and beverages available within the Adventure Expo: Coffee Vendor will also be serving up homeade cakes/slices, homemade soups, Egg & Bacon rolls, Schnitzel & Parma Rolls, fresh rolls and fruit salad; Lions Club BBQ; Snow Cones; French Crepes!
MC and Live Race Updates
MCs Jason Reyntjes and Jacqui Dunlop will be calling the race and providing plenty of live updates, information and interviews over race weekend from the Adventure Expo during Saturday and Sunday.
If you need any information on the event or have any issues then come and find us in the Race Administration marquee in the Lorne Foreshore
SUP Demo boards through Core Boardsports
Our new event sponsors Core Boardsports will have a range of Stand Up Paddle (SUP) boards available for people to try (and buy) over race weekend. Plenty of people are getting SUP, both for catching waves and on flat water, and the Core team will have an extensive range of all boards for people to try on Loutit Bay over the weekend. Call David for details: 0434 314 936.
Live event updates on Twitter #LorneAdventureFest
We will be tweeting live event updates over the whole weekend so make sure you’re following Rapid Ascent at http://twitter.com/Rapid_Ascent and you’ll receive a steady stream of results, photos and news snippets from around the course as it happens under the tag #LorneAdventureFest.
Adventure Events for the whole family
Also taking place on race weekend will be the awesome Lorne Junior Survivor Challenge for kids.
The incredibly popular Lorne Junior Survivor will also be under way on Saturday afternoon as a fun, off road running and obstacle event for kids aged up to 13yrs. Filling to capacity with 650 kids each year this long anticipated event is full of laughs as kids get their chance for a dose of adventure fun. Visit the Junior Survivor webpage here for more information
Lorne Mini - support crew
Support crews are not mandatory. They can make logistics a bit easier but they will have virtually no impact on your overall placing if you are organised before the event. For those competing in teams, your team mates can also be your support crew as they will be going to all of the transition areas anyway (we would hope!).
- All teams will receive 2 green wrist bands for your support crew as part of your registration pack. Please ensure that support crew members wear these wrist bands as without them you will not be permitted inside the transition areas or be able to service your athletes.
- Support crews may NOT help competitors at any point outside the designated transition areas listed below. This extends to the team run, where support crew are NOT allowed to run with competitors.
- We recommend that support crews and teams mates go around all the transition areas before the race starts to drop off equipment and clothing– especially for individuals. This will make race time far less stressful than rushing to get to each transition area during the race.
One support crew person per entry is allowed to directly assist competitors at the following points only:
- In each of the designated transition areas – this is to help your competitor get changed, find their equipment or launch their boat (for example). Please bear in mind that there will be numerous other people in the transition areas as well and we ask you not to obstruct
- No other assistance can be provided at any other locations along the course