LORNE JUNIOR SURVIVOR
LORNE JUNIOR SURVIVOR - SOLD OUT - NO FURTHER ENTRIES AVAILABLE
Entries for the Lorne Junior Survivor are now CLOSED. (Thursday 5th December 2013, 8.30pm EST) We will not be releasing any further entries. Strictly no entries available on the day.
Welcome to the 2013 Lorne Junior Survivor Challenge! We hope you are excited and ready for this fun event!!!
PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS!!
These ‘on-the-day instructions’ tell kids what you have to do and where they have to go… and give parents a clear understanding of what will happen during the event. Number one...... don’t forget to register between 12:30pm & 3.00pm on Saturday afternoon in the Adventure Expo on the Lorne Foreshore. Super important and where you will receive all your goodies!
POINTERS FOR COMPETITORS – for the kids!
- The course will be very well marked, you just have to follow the orange witches hats, red and white arrows and red / white plastic streamers tied to the trees. If you have any problems, just ask the officials in the bright orange vests
- The course is approximately 4km long. This will take you between 20 minutes and 60 minutes to finish so make sure you pace yourself, try not to sprint the whole way! It is OK to walk if you want to!
- We encourage you to try and finish the whole course, but if you want to stop, just find a marshal wearing an orange vest and tell them that you need to stop.
- A really important thing to remember...... it's about having fun out there, be patient, if there is someone in front of you and don’t push them out of the way!
Saturday 7th December, 2013
12:30pm – 3:00pm Registration for competitors in the Lorne Junior Survivor.
3:15pm All participants in the Lorne Junior Survivor to be at the start line
3:30pm The 11-12-13 yr age boys groups starts
3:31pm The 11-12-13 yr age girls groups starts
3:32pm The 9-10 yr age boys groups starts
3:33pm The 9-10 yr age girls groups starts
3:34pm The 7-8 yr age boys group starts
3:35pm The 7-8 yr age girls group starts
3:36pm The under 7 age boys groups starts
3:37pm The under 7 age girls groups starts
4:30pm Lorne Junior Survivor presentations and spot prizes
Sunday 8th December, 2013
8:00am Lorne Adventure Race start at the Lorne Pier
11:00am – 5:00pm Adventure Expo open
12:00pm – 4:00pm Children’s activities open in the adventure expo
12:00pm First Lorne Adventure Race competitor expected to cross the finish line
4:00pm Lorne Adventure Fest Presentations and Random prize give-aways
- Children will start in age group and gender, The oldest group going off first and following age groups at 1 minute time intervals later.
- This start line is located on the beach in front of the race expo area.
- It is recommended that all children get to the start line no later than 3.15pm with the race starting at 3.30pm, we would hate for anybody to miss out on all this fun!
CLOTHING AND EQUIPMENT
- Please attach the race number given to you at registration to the front of the t-shirt or top to be worn during the event. This race number must be clearly visible on the front of the outermost piece of clothing for the whole race!
- We recommend that you leave spare clothing at the start / finish area so you can get changed afterwards
- Participants must wear shoes for the entire event - even into the water
- Participants do not have to wear the t-shirt we will give out at registration during the event – but of course you can if you want to!
- The course will be very well marked with orange witch’s hats, red and white arrows and red / white plastic streamers and tape so it is very easy to follow. There are also a number of marshals wearing orange vests located along the course to provide assistance and direction for everyone.
- There are a number of different obstacles and challenges located around the marked course, all are designed for children, are supervised by a marshal and will not cause children any great difficulty.
- Children can be accompanied around the course – it's all about having a fun learning adventure.
AFTER THE RACE
- Presentations will be held at approximately 4:30 pm from the stage next to the finish line.
- A whole range of spot prizes and random presentations will be made to kids and drawn randomly ‘out of the hat’ at the presentations after the event. The event is designed around getting kids outdoors and active, and less about racing and competition, so we will not be timing the kids around the course and will not be awarding specific prizes to the first over the line in each category. Anybody can be a winner.
We hope you enjoy the Lorne Junior Survivor Challenge and remember that there are a lot of cool adventures that can be had outside!