The Event Centre at each race
The following competitor services and facilities will be set up at the Event Centre - at the finish line – for each race, making a welcoming environment for everyone to enjoy whether you are running or not:
- Race registration and information marquee (from 7:00am)
- The North Face demo shoes and gear to try before and after the race
- FREE footwear advice and sales from our retail partner
- The HIIT Factory will have an interactive stand with plenty of information about their gyms and brands
- Displays and retailing by other event sponsors
- A drink station with water and sports hydration for post-race recovery - BYO cup or bottle (refer below)
- Massage and strapping before and after racing
- First aid (just in case you have a spill on course)
- Bag storage area for runners clothing during the race (please make sure your clothing is in a bag with your name and race number on it)
- Live music after the race
- Race commentary and MC at the race finish
- Results centre to check your race times
- Great coffee
- BBQ – a local community organisation will be conducting a fundraising BBQ in the event expo area to provide runners, friends and family with a late breakfast / brunch before, during and after the race
- Toilets – including port-a-loo facilities where required.
It’s a great vibe at the Event Centre so don’t rush off after your race; stick around to support the other runners as they finish, to enjoy a post-race beverage and attend presentations (you might win a prize!).
The North Face shoe wash station
In order to look after your shoes after the work they do carrying us aroudn the trails, The North Face will be providing a shoe wash station at each event to let you give your shoes a bit of love after your run. With brushes, soapy water and touch of time you can brighten up your shoes so they are ready for your next run (tomorrow?!).
Hydration points at the start / finish
There will be a hydration station located in the event expo area that will have water and nuun electrolyte tablets available for all runners – but you must BRING YOR OWN CUPS OR BOTTLES…
As a way of minimising our environmental foot print and reducing the number of single-use cups we use at our events we WILL NOT BE PROVIDING ANY CUPS at the water point at the start / finish area and we ask you to please bring your own (or to purchase one of our cool collapsible cups). FYI: we used to go through ~2,500 single use plastics cups at every finish line and after last year we decided enough was enough and ask you to please bring a reusable one of your own.
We will be selling collapsible cups made of eco-friendly silicon rubber for $5 on the day so you can buy one of these and re-use it forever! Prepurchase your cup here.
Note: we will still be providing some cups at the water points out on the course so you do not have to carry a cup / bottle with you (although we’d prefer it if you did).
We will store your bags under cover and keep an eye over them whilst you’re out on the trails. Please drop your bags off to the race registration marquee at least 5-10 minutes before your race start. Make sure all items are in a closed bag and do not leave us with any valuables. Items will be stored with all care but no responsibility.
We will have a professional photographer out on the course during the races to capture you in all your trail running glory.