The Event Centre at each race
The following competitor services and facilities will be set up at the Event Centre - at the finish line – for each race, making a welcoming environment for everyone to enjoy whether you are running or not:
- Race registration and information marquee (from 7:00am)
- The North Face demo shoes and gear
- FREE footwear advice and sales from our retail partner
- The HIIT Factory interactive stand
- Displays and sales by our event sponsors HIIT Factory, 32gi Sports Nutrition, Nathan and others
- A drink station with water and sports hydration - BYO cup or bottle (refer below)
- First aid medical
- Bag storage area
- Please make sure your clothing is in a bag with your name and race number on it
- Live music after the race
- Race commentary and MC
- Results centre
- Great coffee
- BBQ – a local community organisation will conduct a fundraising BBQ in the event expo area to provide runners, friends and family with a late breakfast / brunch before, during and after the race
- Toilets – including port-a-loo facilities where required.
It’s a great vibe at the Event Centre so don’t rush off after your race; stick around to support the other runners as they finish, to enjoy a post-race beverage and attend presentations (you might win a prize!).
The North Face shoe wash station
In order to look after your shoes after the work they do carrying us aroudn the trails, The North Face will be providing a shoe wash station at each event to let you give your shoes a bit of love after your run. With brushes, soapy water and touch of time you can brighten up your shoes so they are ready for your next run (tomorrow?!).
Hydration points at the start / finish
The hydration station located in the event expo area will have water and 32gi sports hydration available for all runners – but you must BRING YOR OWN CUPS OR BOTTLES…
As a way of minimising our environmental foot print and reducing the number of single-use cups we use at our events we WILL NOT BE PROVIDING ANY CUPS at the water point at the start / finish area and we ask you to please bring your own (or to purchase one of our cool collapsible cups). FYI: we used to go through ~2,500 single use plastics cups at every finish line and after last year we decided enough was enough and ask you to please bring a reusable one of your own.
Collapsible cups for SALE: made of eco-friendly silicon rubber, you can buy one of these for $5 and re-use it forever! Prepurchase your cup here.
Note: we will still be providing some cups at the water points out on the course so you do not have to carry a cup / bottle with you (although we’d prefer it if you did).
Free CLIF Bar samples
Our superb series sponsor CLIF Bar will be providing all runners with one CLIF bar each so you can taste North America’s most popular sports bar for yourself. Please take one only.
We will store your bags and keep an eye over them whilst you’re out on the trails. Please drop your bags off at least 5-10 minutes before your race start, just make sure all items are in a closed bag with your race number written on the side, with no valuables inside.
All number plates have a removable ‘bag-tag’ at the bottom. We encourage you to use this to help identify your bag when you leave it with us.
We will have a professional photographer out on the course during the races to capture you in all your trail running glory.