THE TRAIL RUNNING SERIES RULES
THE FOLLOWING RULES LISTED BELOW ARE THE FINAL RULES FOR THE TRAIL RUNNING SERIES 2017 EVENTS.
- Juniors only (under 18 on race day) - must have their parent or guardian advise the organisers, Rapid Ascent, of their intention to enter and the parent or guardian must read and sign an authorisation and indemnity. You will not be permitted on course otherwise.
- Competitors must follow the complete course as marked and directed. Taking shortcuts or using any unfair means of obtaining an advantage over other competitors will result in disqualification. It is the competitor’s responsibility to ensure that the correct course is followed
- Your race number must be visible at all times on the outside of your clothing (at the front).
- Races numbers are non-transferable. Times and prizes will not be recognised if racing under another entry/name.
- Littering is prohibited.
- Competitors shall not receive any external assistance on the course
- One competitor cannot provide assistance in forward progression through physical pushing / pulling / towing, or the provision of food or drinks to a competitor in another category except in emergency circumstances
- Australian Road Rules apply at all times on all roads, tracks and trails
- Any competitor who withdraws from the race MUST notify an official. This is an essential requirement to avoid unnecessary searches being conducted and emergency services being engaged
- All runners are permitted to lodge protests against results or decisions enforced during the event. A judging panel of three Rapid Ascent Directors will adjudicate on all protests and other contentious matters, and their decision will be final
- Rapid Ascent has sole discretion to alter or amend the race rules in order to increase the safety of participants or for any other reason deemed appropriate
- If the race is cancelled or called off after it has started, it is each competitor’s responsibility to get yourself back to the start / finish area as soon as you have been notified of the cancellation.
- Runners competing in Race 5 – the Night race must have a functional torch with them that is bright enough to illuminate the trail for at least 20m ahead of them and minimum light output of 700 lumens. We recommend that this is a head torch.
- Runners competing in Race 5 must have reflective material on the rear of their clothing and/or back pack, in accordance with AS/NZS 4602.1:2011 with a combined minimum area of 450 square centimetres
Competitors doing 4 or 5 races in the 2017 Series (Gold Runners)
To receive an overall ranking and result in the 2017 Trail Running Series runners must:
- Compete in at least 4 of the 5 races in the 2017 Series, entering either individually for each race, OR be entered as a 'Gold Runner'. (FYI - previous years (2016) this was for Gold Runners only.)
- Runners must compete in the same distance event at each race – i.e. all long course events or all short course events
- If a runner changes category during the course of the series (i.e. because of a birthday) for the purposes of the series they will be ranked in the category they competed in for their first race (Race 1 or Race 2).
- Points will be awarded according to your overall place in your category at each race, the runner with the lowest number of points wins
- If points are tied between two or more runners, then the runner with the best result in Race 3 will be the winner.