ENTRY CATEGORIES AND PRIZES FOR THE The Trail Running Series
YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE TOP 3 TO BE IN THE RUNNING FOR GREAT PRIZES! THERE ARE HEAPS OF RACE PRIZES AND SPOT PRIZES AT The Trail Running Series presented by The North Face
The following categories will be recognised at each of the 2017 The Trail Running Series for the long, medium and short course distances:
- Under 15 Male and Female (in the Short Course only)
- Under 20 Male and Female
- 20-39yrs Male and Female
- 40-49yrs Male and Female
- 50-59yrs Male and Female
- 60+yrs Male and Female
Categories will be determined by your age on race day.
Race prizes and awards
Awards will be presented to 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each category in each race distance at each race location *.
Greater value awards will be given to those running further (and faster) *.
Series prizes and awards
Long, Medium and Short Course Series winners in each age category will be recognised based on the details below:
- Series results will be determined for runners who complete 4 races out of the 5 races.
- It does not matter which of the 4 races you complete. If you do all 5 races then you can drop your worst result so that only 4 races are counted.
- To be considered for a series result a runner must do all 4 races of the same length (e.g. all long Course runs or all Short Course runs – not a mix of the two)
- Series runners will be ranked according to their category place in each race, with the lowest cumulative score being the winner of the series in that category
- If a series runner has a birthday that causes them to change age category during the Series (e.g. they turn from 39yrs to 40yrs after completing race 1) then for their category series standing they will continue to be considered in the category in which they started the series (e.g. 20yrs -39rs)
- If points are tied between two or more runners, then the runner with the best placing in Race 3 (Silvan) will be the winner. If neither of the drawn runners completes Race 3 the winner will be determined by their result in Race 5 (Studley Park).
- To be eligible for series prizes and awards you can either enter as an individual to four or five single races, OR be entered as a 'Gold Runner'. FYI - previous years (2016) this was for Gold Runners only.
Medals will be presented to 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each category for the Long, Medium and Short course Series. A prize will also be awarded to 1st place getters *.
Collection of prizes and awards
We encourage all prize winners to stay after their race to enjoy the event expo, watch other runners finish and attend presentations. If you are unable to collect your prize at presentations, you are required to contact Rapid Ascent prior to the first Friday after the event to arrange collection at the following event or pay $10 postage. Any prizes that are not collected by the first Friday after the event will be forfeited so please claim your prizes by:
- Race 1 - Friday 25th June 2017
- Race 2 - Friday 16th July 2017
- Race 3 - Friday 13th August 2017
- Race 4 - Friday 15th September 2017
- Race 5 - Friday 13th October 2017
Random prizes and awards
A range of random prizes, encouragement awards and other presentations will be made to runners at each race, including our car sticker competition, so it will be well worth waiting around after you have finished as anyone can be a winner!
Also see the Competitions page for social media prizes up for grabs.
* Please note, the size and value of prizes to be presented as part of the 2017 Trail Running Series will be significantly lower than the value of prizes awarded in earlier years. As sponsors' budgets get tighter and they get harder to attract to events, the value and quantity of prizes also reduces so please do not be disappointed if you receive only a small item. Surely we all run and race for many other reasons than the prize at the finish anyway?!!