JOIN THE TEAM OF ENTHUSIASTIC VOLUNTEERS
IN ORDER FOR THE Trail Running Series presented by The North Face TO RUN SMOOTHLY, WE NEED THE SUPPORT OF ENTHUSIASTIC VOLUNTEERS.
We are always looking for enthusiastic people to join our volunteer team and in doing so… you’ll have a great day out.
Volunteering is a great way to be involved at an event if you are not a runner. Or if you are a runner but don't want to race, are injured or just want to check it out then you’re also welcome to volunteer.
"I found the volunteers extremely upbeat and supportive, thank you!" - Leanne Thomas (2016 participant)
Who are our volunteers?
They are people from all backgrounds who enjoy being part of great sporting events. Many of our volunteers are friends or family members of competitors and want to get involved and share the race-day experience, or they might belong to a local sporting club or community group.
What kind of commitment is involved?
Any time you can provide on race day is greatly appreciated, whether it is two hours or the whole morning. And you don’t have to commit to the whole series; even if you can only help out at one race that would be great.
The roles vary, and may include setting up infrastructure, helping with registration, manning water points and marshalling. We will allocate your role according to your experience, interest area and availability.
What can you expect in return for your time?
We'll provide snacks on the day and allocate each volunteer a job description, team leader and any equipment needed for your role. And… we guarantee you’ll have a great day!
Volunteer Incentive Program Information
To encourage like minded people to assist at The Series, Rapid Ascent has introduced a volunteer incentive program. If you volunteer at any of The Series races, Rapid Ascent will provide you with up to $40 race credit to go towards any subsequent Trail Series race in the following 12 months. The followng conditions apply;
- race credits are NOT redeemable for cash, wholly or in part
- no refunds will be issued on such entries
- race credits cannot be applied to "on the day" entries i.e. you MUST enter online before the entry cut off date
- race credits are transferable to family or friends
- race credits MUST be used within 12 months from the date that you earned the credit eg. if you volunteer at Race #2 in 2016 you can use the credit to enter race #3, 4 or 5 in 2016 or race #1 or 2 in 2017 but you CANNOT use it to enter Race #3 in 2017.
- race credits can only apply to Trail Running Series events
- you (the volunteer) MUST notify Rapid Ascent before the event day for which you are volunteering that you wish to claim a race credit.
- volunteers must be available for up to 5hrs on event day
Register as a volunteer
To register your interest as a volunteer for The Trail Running Series presented by The North Face please complete the form below or just to ask a question about volunteering (all enquiries are obligation free) email Rapid Ascent on email@example.com or call 03 5261 5511.