PLEASE SUPPORT OUR OFFICIAL EVENT CHARITY PARTNERs: ONE IN FIVE and Sanfilippo Children's FounDATION
Rapid Ascent is proud to
continue its support of ONE IN FIVE again in 2017. we'd also like to WELCOME ON BOARD A NEW CHARITY- SANFILIPPO CHILDREN'S FOUNDATION.
ALL RUNNERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO READ THE INFORMATION BELOW AND TO SUPPORT THESE INCREDIBLE CHARITIES
ONE IN FIVE
In its eleventh year, the Extreme Challenge is a series of events that supports ONE IN FIVE. We are excited to partner with Surf Coast Century again, our fourth year doing this epic course!
Our story starts with a young man….
On New Year’s Day 2001, a creative, intelligent young man named Matt Wardlaw succumbed to the pain of his mental illness and took his own life. Matt’s tragic yet all too common story inspired a group of his family and friends to come together and address one of Australia’s biggest health issues – mental illness. This marked the formation of ONE IN FIVE, a not-for-profit organisation raising funds to research better diagnosis, treatments and ultimately find a cure for one in five Australians who have a mental illness. When we lost Matt, we gained a mission. Together with your help, we will find a cure.
Our vision: One in five Australians suffer from a mental illness. We are striving to make one in five, none in five.
Our mission: We fund medical research so we can improve treatments and, one day, find a cure for mental illness.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Your participation in the Surf Coast Century is an extremely impressive act. It requires an extraordinary amount of effort during the months of training and the event itself. Why not use that admiration and respect to support the ONE IN FIVE cause?
If you want to do something bold about mental illness, challenge yourself this year and register now for the 2017 Surf Coast Century and fundraise for ONE IN FIVE.
All money donated to ONE IN FIVE will fund research projects investigating drug treatments for depression, bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. Find out more here…
JOIN THE ONE IN FIVE TEAM AND FUNDRAISE
To fundraise for ONE IN FIVE as part of your Surf Coast Century adventure simply go to our everydayhero page here and follow the links to set up your individual fundraising page. Then it’s simply a matter of asking your friends and family to support your efforts.
As part of our fundraising team you will receive:
- All the camaraderie and support of the Extreme Challenge
- Regular team updates with training and fundraising tips and interviews with our running hero’s.
- Free access to our Extreme Challenge running group in Melbourne with weekly/monthly runs. All fitness levels welcome. Come along, meet new people, all whilst exercising to stay mentally & physically healthy.
- Free ONE IN FIVE running top & sponsor merchandise.
- A great supporter group cheering you on through the event.
- Free access to a dedicated masseur after the event.
- A prize for the highest fundraiser.
If you are inspired by ONE IN FIVE’s mission and want to help, you can simply donate here or via the link in your confirmation email. A tax receipt for your donation will be provided following your payment and donations over $2 are tax deductible.
For further information please email: email@example.com
SANFILIPPO CHILDREN'S FOUNDATION
SFSuper Series team – run for a cause
The SF Super Series is a series of events that supports the Sanfilippo Children’s Foundation.
Last year 60 of our runners participated in the Surf Coast Century to raise vital research funds, all in the name of Sanfilippo. This year we are aiming for 100, so come and join us!
The Sanfilippo Children’s Foundation was established by Sydney mother Megan Donnell in 2013 following the shock diagnosis of not one but both her beautiful children, Isla and Jude, with Sanfilippo Syndrome. The condition is progressive, degenerative and sadly always fatal!
Sanfilippo Syndrome is a rare, genetic condition that causes fatal brain damage. It’s referred to as a childhood disease as most patients never reach adulthood. Every year worldwide an estimated 2000 babies are born with this neurodegenerative disease
Please read the inspiring story of the Donnell family (both parents ran the SurfCoast Century last year), and the efforts of the Sanfilippo Children’s Foundation to move mountains for an entire generation of children battling this rare disease.
You can read about this family’s fight here in article recently published in the Sydney Morning Herald’s Good Weekend.
Join the SFSuper Series Team
Your participation in the Surf Coast Century is an extremely impressive act. It takes great commitment and incredible effort and endurance. Your hard work can also help make a difference to families of children battling Sanfilippo
To join the SF Super Series Team go to www.sfsuperseries.com.au where you can register for the race and join the team in one go.
If you or your team have already registered for the Surf Coast Century through the Rapid Ascent site, then just email us directly firstname.lastname@example.org and we will join you up.
As part of the SF Super Series team you will receive:
- Registration to the the Surf Coast Century race and all the inclusions that all other entrants receive (go to http://rapidascent.com.au/SurfcoastCentury/ for more info)
- A 12-week training schedule written especially for the distance you have chosen by our running expert, Gary Mullins from www.runninggroups.com.au
- Access to training groups (this is dependent on your location, but we will endeavor to find you a trainer and a group)
- Regular team updates with training and fundraising tips and videos
- A runners kit including a training shirt, cap, bottle and other surprises
- A great supporter group cheering you on through the event
- Free access to a dedicated physio and masseur after the event*
- Prize incentives for fundraising targets reached including an automatic entry into a holiday prize for every $100 you raise.
- All the camaraderie and support of the SF Super Series team
- If you fundraise in excess of $1000, we will cover the cost of your race entry
* A minimum fundraising tally applies to these items.
If you are inspired by The Sanfilippo Children’s Foundation’s mission and want to help, you can simply make a donation at www.sfsuperseries.com.au . A tax receipt for your donation will be provided following your payment and donations over $2 are tax deductible.
JOIN SF SUPER SERIES TEAM
For more information ring the Series: 1800 664 878
More information on the Foundation
For more information on the Sanfilippo Children’s Foundation go to: www.sanfilippo.org.au
You can also follows the Foundation on Facebook @sanfilippochildrensfoundation, Twitter @SFCFoundtn, Instagram @sfcfoundtn