PLEASE SUPPORT OUR OFFICIAL EVENT CHARITY PARTNERs: ONE IN FIVE and Sanfilippo Children's FounDATION
ALL RUNNERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO READ THE INFORMATION BELOW AND TO SUPPORT THESE INCREDIBLE CHARITIES.
SANFILIPPO CHILDREN'S FOUNDATION
SFSuper Series team – run for a cause:
The SFSuper Series is a series of physically challenging events that support the Sanfilippo Children’s Foundation.
This will be the third year our team participates in the Surf Coast Century to help raise vital medical research funds in the fight against Sanfilippo Syndrome. Last year we had 100 runners, and this year we are aiming for 150! We have an awesome team, support and presence on the run and would love to have you join us!
The Sanfilippo Children’s Foundation was established by Sydney mother Megan Donnell in 2013 following the shock diagnosis of not one but both her beautiful children, Isla and Jude, with Sanfilippo Syndrome. This rare, genetic condition is progressive, degenerative and sadly causes fatal brain damage. There is currently no treatment or cure and most of the 2,000 babies born worldwide every year with Sanfilippo will never reach adulthood. The Sanfilippo Children’s Foundation works to change that, funding vital medical research projects to find a cure.
Al and Meg Donnell, joined by other Sanfilippo parents from across the country, ran the Surf Coast Century in 2016 and 2017, raising funds and awareness for the cause and will be part of the team again this year.
A cover story about the Donnell family was published in the Sydney Morning Hearld’s Good Weekend Magazine last year. Read it here
Join the SFSuper Series Team
Your participation in the Surf Coast Century is an extremely impressive act. It takes great commitment and incredible effort and endurance. Your hard work can also help make a difference to families of children battling Sanfilippo today and in the future.
To join the SFSuper Series Team please go to www.sfsuperseries.com.au to register directly for the race AND join the team all in one go!
If you, or your team, have already registered for the Surf Coast Century through the Rapid Ascent site, then just email us directly email@example.com and we will join you up.
As part of the SF Super Series team you will receive:
- Registration to the Surf Coast Century race and all the inclusions that all other entrants receive (CLICK HERE for more info)
- A 12-15 week training schedule written especially for the distance you have chosen by our running expert, Gary Mullins from TRT Running https://trtrunning.com.au
- Access to training groups (this is dependent on your location, but we will endeavour to find you a trainer and a group)
- Regular team updates with training and fundraising tips and videos
- A runners kit including a training shirt, bottle and other surprises
- A great supporter group cheering you on through the event
- Pre and post-race social events
- Free access to a dedicated physio and masseur onsite after the event*
- Prize incentives for fundraising targets reached
- All the camaraderie and support of the SFSuper Series team
- If you fundraise in excess of $1000, we will cover the cost of your race entry
* A minimum fundraising tally applies to these items.
For more information visit www.sfsuperseries.com.au phone 0412 927 606 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on facebook @SFSuperSeries and instagram @sfsuperseries
If you are inspired by The Sanfilippo Children’s Foundation’s mission and want to help, you can simply make a donation at https://www.sfsuperseries.com.au/donations
A tax receipt for your donation will be provided following your payment and all donations over $2 are tax deductible.
More information on the Foundation
For more information on the Sanfilippo Children’s Foundation go to: www.sanfilippo.org.au
You can also follow the Foundation on Facebook @anfilippochildrensfoundation, Twitter @SFCFoundtn, Instagram @sfcfoundtn
ONE IN FIVE
ONE IN FIVE are excited to once again partner with Surf Coast Century for the fifth year in a row!
This is ONE IN FIVE’s story….
On New Year’s Day 2001, a creative, intelligent young man named Matt Wardlaw succumbed to his mental illness and took his own life. Matt’s tragic yet all too common story inspired a group of his family and friends to come together and address one of Australia’s biggest health issues – mental illness.
This marked the formation of ONE IN FIVE, a not-for-profit organisation raising funds to research better diagnosis, treatments and ultimately find a cure for one in five Australians who have a mental illness. Since 2003, ONE IN FIVE have raised over $1.8 million, delivered to funding mental illness research to help find a cure.
Our vision: One in five Australians suffer from a mental illness. We are striving to make one in five, none in five. In 2018, our target is to raise $1 Million.
Our mission: We fund medical research so we can improve treatments and, one day, find a cure for mental illness.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
If you want to do something bold about mental illness, challenge yourself this year and register now for the 2018 Surf Coast Century and fundraise for ONE IN FIVE.
Your participation in the Surf Coast Century is an extremely impressive act - It requires an extraordinary amount of effort during the months of training and the event itself. And its extreme, just like mental illness. All money donated to ONE IN FIVE will fund research projects that directly impact mental health. Find out more here…
JOIN THE ONE IN FIVE TEAM AND FUNDRAISE
To fundraise for ONE IN FIVE as part of your Surf Coast Century adventure simply go to our everydayhero page here and follow the links to setup your individual fundraising page. Then get fundraising! Ask family, friends, work colleagues - everyone. ONE IN FIVE have a huge target of $1M raised in 2018 to reach!
Being part of the ONE IN FIVE fundraising team, you will receive:
- All the camaraderie and support of the Extreme Challenge
- Free access to our Extreme Challenge running group in Melbourne with weekly/monthly runs around the tan! (All fitness levels welcome - Come along, meet new people and enjoy exercising to stay mentally & physically healthy)
- A ONE IN FIVE team running top & sponsor merchandise
- A great supporter group cheering you on before and during the event
- Regular team updates with training and fundraising tips and interviews with our running heroes
If you are inspired by ONE IN FIVE’s mission and want to help, you can simply donate here or via the link in your confirmation email. A tax receipt for your donation will be provided following your payment and donations over $2 are tax deductible.
If you are interested in finding out more about ONE IN FIVE, please email email@example.com.
We can’t wait to see you at the Surf Coast Century in September!