Welcome to the 2017 Surf Coast Century
ENTRIES TO THE 2017 SURF COAST CENTURY WILL OPEN AT 12:00PM ON THURSDAY 2ND MARCH.
Listed below is all the information regarding entering the race and what your entry includes. If you have any questions about entering then please contact the Rapid Ascent office at any time via phone: 03 5261 5511 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
2017 Entry Fees
Online entries will close 8:00am Tuesday 5 September.
Entry level timeframe
||Entries received before 8:00am, Friday the 31st of March 2017
||Entries received between 8:00am, Friday the 31st of March and 5:00pm, Friday 11 August 2017
||Entries received between 5:00pm Friday 11 August and Saturday 9 September 2017
|Online Entries close
||8:00am, Tuesday 5th September 2017
|100km Junior Un/18
|50km Junior Un/18
|1.9km Kids Run (Sunday)
2 person relay team
Junior team of 2 Un/18
3 person relay team
Junior team of 3 Un/18
4 person relay team
Junior team of 4 Un/18
Kids Run 1.9km - $5
Enter online prior to 8:00am Tuesday 2nd March or you can enter at race registration. To register on the day, please attend the registration marquee between 9:00 - 10:30am on Sunday the 10th September.
Kids run entrants receive a race plate, ribbon and fruit at the finish line.
AURA Members (AUSTRALIAN ULTRA RUNNERS ASSOCIATION)
Competing AURA members will receive a discount if they compete in the race in either the individual or the 2 person relay teams categories:
- Individual 100km = $50 cash back at registration
- Team of 2 entries = $25 cash back at registration
The cash back will be paid to members at registration on Friday the 8th of September 2017. Please note your AURA membership number when completing your entry. If you did not enter this, please email email@example.com to update your entry.
Ultra168 Supporters will receive 15% off their race entry (applicable to 100km Solo competitors only), payable as cash back at registration. The cash back will be paid to members at registration on Friday the 8th of September 2017.
Please note, if you already claim a discount as an AURA member, you cannot claim both the AURA discount and the U168 discount as a combined discount.
Read more about the Ultra168 Supporters program.
UTMB qualifying race
The 100km Surf Coast Century individual race is registered with the International Trail Running Association (ITRA) as an official qualifying race for the UTM with a value of 2 points / 4 new points. For further information on UTMB click here.
Surfcoast Century is the ideal event to attend with a bunch of trail running buddies as a social adventure together. As such we are happy to provide a range of entry benefits for groups of 3 or more solo 50km/100km runners. Please visit our Group Entries page for more information.
Runners entering the Surf Coast Century will receive the following as part of their entry fee:
- High performance event t-shirt (seperate 100km / 50km t-shirts)
- Soft flask* (100km individuals only)
- Access to the significant amounts of food and beverages available from the Race Kitchens and Water Points located around the course
- Finisher steins for 100km runners finishing under 12hrs (1lt) or 16hrs (500ml)
- Finisher medal - for 100km individuals finishing after 16hrs, 50km individuals and all relay team members
- Access to all training information, free training runs and info sessions
- Fully marked, marshalled course
- Professional medical support on course
- Professional electronic timing and results
- Event photographer along the course to capture your finest moments
- Opportunity to win a random prizes at the presentations after the race
- Optional Personal Accident Insurance
Kids Run participants will receive:
- Number plate
- Finisher Ribbon
- Fruit at finish line
All entrants in the 100km and 50km events will receive an official 2017 Surf Coast Century technical fabric running shirt. Please see a sizing chart HERE.
Live trackers for hire
Live trackers will be available for hire at $55 each and are a great way for your friends and family to track your progress on the course if they are unable to come alone to support you on the day. The trackers records and then transmits your location in real time whilst you are on the course so friends and family can see how you are going on an event map on the race website.
SIZE - They are the size of a matchbox and weigh about 60 grams.
COURSE COVERAGE - We have used these for the las 2 years and their coverage and accuracy is very good with only a couole of small black spots if used correctly.
At the Event Expo at the finish line will be a large TV screen with the race map and all GPS trackers displaying during the race to provide an enhanced level of interactivity and race reporting during the event.
Please contact Annie via firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to place an order.
Orders will close 8:00am, Monday 14th August 2017
Under 18yrs Participants' Entry Policy
Rapid Ascent believes junior runners should be given the opportunity to compete in challenging adventure sports events so long as they have sufficient experience, the appropriate framework is in place on race day and the necessary support on hand to help if required. As such, Rapid Ascent has placed the following guidelines and requirements on competitors under the age of 18yrs in the Surf Coast Century:
For under 18yrs runners wanting to do one leg of the Surf Coast Century (i.e. min 23km), Rapid Ascent requires that the participant provides evidence that they have:
- Run at least 20km in less than 3hrs within 6 weeks of the race – preferably off road
- Completed training program lasting at least 8 weeks that meets our expectations (roughly similar to the training program on our website here). Training program and diary to be submitted to Rapid Ascent for approval no later than seven days before the event
- Participated in at least 2 trail running races between 10km and 20km in the 2 months leading up (suggest the Salomon Trail Running Series long course events)
For under 18yrs runners wanting to compete in the either the 50km or 100km Surf Coast Century as a solo runner, Rapid Ascent requires that the participant provides evidence that they have:
- Run at least 60km in one session in less than 10hrs within 3 months of the race – preferably off road. (50km requirement is to run at least 30km in 5 hours within 2 months of the race)
- Complete a training program lasting at least 12 weeks that meets our expectations (roughly similar to the training program on our website here). Training program and diary to be supplied for approval no later than seven days before the event. (50km requirement is a 10 week training program that meets our expectations)
- Participated in at least 2 trail running races between 10km and 20km in the 2 months leading up to the event
- Submitted a hydration and nutrition plan for what they will consume during the race, along with safeguard measures to ensure that it is followed during the race
- Supplied a doctors certificate saying that they are have no known medical conditions that should limit them from tackling and completing the 100km (or 50km) event solo
- A support crew who can assist them during the entire event. We recommend that a mature age adult run with them for at least the last 50km of the race. (There is no requirement for a support runner for the 50km solo race)
- Rapid Ascent has spoken with the participant and their parents to discuss what is involved with running 100km (or 50km).
We ask that any under-age runner wanting to participant in the Surf Coast Century calls us to discuss their intentions and these requirements prior to entering.
ENTRY AND REFUND POLICY
|Written notification prior to 9:00am, Friday 18th August 2017
|Credit - Credit towards another Rapid Ascent event - less a 15% administration fee
|Refund - A refund will be offered, less a 20% administration fee (max fee $50)
|Notification after 9:00am, Friday 18th August 2017
|Credit - No credit will be issued
|Refund - No refund will be issued
Refunds must be requested in writing via email@example.com
- An individual or team may transfer their entry to another individual for a $15 transfer fee prior to 8:00 Tuesday 5 September.
- Providing there are spaces available, a runner may transfer from a higher entry fee event to a lower entry fee event before 8:00 Thursday 7 Septmber. In this case, the difference between the two entry fees will not be refunded.
- Providing there are spaces available, a runner may transfer from a lower entry fee event to a higher entry fee event up to one week before the event for the cost of the increase in entry fee only – no admin fee will be charged. Any entry upgrades requested within one week of race day will incur a $15 upgrade fee.
EVENT RESCHEDULING / CANCELLATIONS
- If the event is deemed unsafe or unable to be held on the proposed date due to extreme climatic conditions, the following steps shall be followed:
- Rapid Ascent will endeavour to reschedule the event to another date with all entries carrying over to the new date
- If you are unable to attend the newly proposed date no refunds will be made
- If the event cannot be rescheduled for any reason, Rapid Ascent will refund your entry fee.
- In all other circumstances it should be assumed that the event is still going ahead UNLESS otherwise stated
- Rapid Ascent reserves the right to alter or amend the originally proposed course(s) from that which was published on the event website for any reason
- Advice of any event postponement or change will be made on the front page of the event website as early as possible before the event, and will be posted to the official race notice board at the registration marquee.