OTWAY ODYSSEY & GRAVEL GRIND rACE DETAILS
Index to information below:
Forrest Football Ground, Forrest VIC – Start/Finish for all races.
The Forrest Football Ground is located on Yaugher Road, 1.5km north of the township of Forrest (VIC) and hosts the following features of the event:
- Race Registration
- Start and Finish line for all events - Otway Odyssye MTB and GOGG
- Event and Bike Industry Expo (for riders, their families and spectators!) - food, drinks, kids entertainment, live music and much more
- Intermediary points on the 100km, 50km and 30km MTB races - great for spectating as riders come through
Forrest (VIC) is located approximately 2hrs from Melbourne with the quickest route being via Geelong and Winchelsea. Forrest is a 40 minute drive from Apollo Bay and 25 minutes from Colac.
Event and Bike Industry Expo and Festival
The Forrest Football Ground will host an array of excitement throughout race registration on Friday afternoon and during racing on the Saturday and Sunday, including:
- Sponsors displays and demo gear
- Coffee, food, drinks and other sustenance
- Event bar
- Kids entertainment (eg, face painting, jumping castle)
- Live music and MC commentary
- On site bike shop for repairs and last minute needs
- Water, sports hydration and nutrition point
To help you have a hassle-free time at the Otway Odyssey and Great Otway Gravel Grind, the following services are provided to competitors:
A bag drop will be available near the registration marquee - we'll look after your clothing whilst you are out racing! Valuables left at owners risk.
Hydration and nutrition drop offs
100km, 50km and 30km MTB riders only: You can pre-place your own hydration / nutrition alongside the race chute in the Football Ground ready for you to collect during the race.
On site bike mechanic
A bike repair shop will be available at the venue to provide any last minute bike mechanical work (reasonable rates charged). Open Friday afternoon, all day Saturday, and Sunday morning.
Bike wash - small change for a great cause!
If you’d like to wash away the pain, mud, sweat and tears from your bike at this year’s Otway Odyssey and Gravel Grind, AND donate some change to a good cause, please visit the bike wash situated next to the mobile shower truck. For just $5 you’ll be supporting the local Scout / Venturer Unit whilst getting your ride pampered and cleaned beyond recognition as part of their first class bike wash service.