The Ultra Running Triple Crown
Rapid Ascent conduct three of Australia’s largest, and most noteworthy ultra running events. To complete the long course alternative at each event is a considerable accomplishment so in order to recognize (and encourage) runners to achieve this feat we have created The Rapid Ascent ‘Ultra Running Triple-Crown’.
The Triple Crown is awarded to any competitor who completes these 3 ultra running events:
There is no minimum finish time for each race, however you must complete the long course alternative at each race (as listed above), with each race being no more than 5 years apart.*
The Triple Crown is the ultimate challenge for Australian ultra runners and is set as a bucket list objective for those brave enough to commit to the three events, and strong enough to make it to the finish line.
Triple Crown achievers receive:
An exclusive Patagonia fleece embroidered with the event logos to wear with pride
Your name listed on the Triple Crown ‘honor-board’ listed on the website for each event
- Your name engraved on the Triple Crown shield that is displayed at each event
- The complete 3 finisher’s glass collection to display proudly at home or work
- Your name forever in the Rapid Ascent history books
- AND ultimate bragging rights!
The Triple Crown is within reach, and we expect only a handful of Triple Crown inductees to be added into this hall of fame each year. Will you be one of them?
* Updated 18/02/19 - We have changed the conditions for Triple Crown qualification to acknowledge those that supported our Surf Coast Century event in earlier years, giving those competitors an opportunity to also vie for the crown!
TRIPLE CROWN HALL OF FAME
These people have completed the three Triple Crown races and truly deserve our respect!: