FINAL EVENT INFORMATION: We encourage all runners and your support crews to download and read the event program which contains all the final event information like schedule, checkpoint instructions and course maps… CLICK HERE to download (right click ‘save as’ 26meg pdf).
Index to race logistical information:
Competitor Services - Includes: Bus transportation, Bag transfers, Massage, Medical, Results, Social Functions / Entertainment
- 5:00pm – 8:00pm at The Cheeky Monkey (4259 Caves Road, Wilyabrup WA)
At registration all competitors will receive:
- Your unique race number plate
- Your event t-shirt – a technical running shirt with customised event print
- Printed support crew map
- other event information and sponsor give aways
There will be one competitor briefing for all runners - solo runners and team runner information. The briefing will be conducted at The Cheeky Monkey and we encourage all runners to attend.
- 7:00pm at The Cheeky Monkey (4259 Caves Road, Wilyabrup WA)
Race venue / event centre
The event centre for the Margaret River Ultra Marathon will be at The Cheeky Monkey Brewery and Cidery: 4259 Caves Rd, Wilyabrup WA 6280.
The following services, facilities and activities will take place here:
- Race HQ including competitor registration, event notice board and more
- Finish Line for solo and relay teams
- Displays by the following sponsors and exhibitors
- Altra footwear - showcasing their trail running shoes
- Keep on Running retailer - selling Altra footwear and some last minute running needs
- VFuel - selling hydration and nutrition products to use during the race
- Squadrun - our official training and coaching partner
- Massage provided by Kieran Bell at Mouat West Physiotherapy on a user pays basis
- Event merchandise stand - selling hoodies, hats and buffs
- Bag storage area for runners’ clothing during the race
- Coffee, food and drinks from The Cheeky Monkey
- Kids’ playground
- Medical assistance station
- Live music and commentary on the race finish (on Saturday afternoon and Sunday presentations)
Support crews and spectators
Please refer to detailed 'Support Crew and Spectators' page HERE
ON COURSE NUTRITION & HYDRATION thanks to VFUEL
A range of race food and drinks will be freely available to all competitors at all of the designated event checkpoints along the course - including gels and drinks from our hydration and nutrion partner: VFuel
- VFuel Checkpoint 1: 10.5km at the Boranup Campsite.
- CFuel Checkpoint 2: 28.5km at the Contos Campground
- VFuel Checkpoint 3: 48km White Elephant Café, Gnarabup
- VFuel Checkpoint 4: 62km Ellensbrook House.
Race food provided:
The following race food will be provided free to competitors *. NOTE: the more substantial, hot food is saved for the last 2 checkpoints (where there is a greater need):
- Sandwiches - sweet (eg. jam) and savoury (eg. vegemite and cheese)
- Fruit cake and/or honey and oat slice
- Snakes and lollies
- Potato crisps (salty)
- Cold boiled potatoes with salt
- VFuel gels (limited supply)
- VFuel endurance sports drink and water. Both will be in drums for you to refill your own containers
- Risotto - hot (CP3 and 4 only)
- Veggie and noodle soup - hot (CP3 and 4 only)
- Two minute noodles - hot (CP3 and 4 only)
- Hot water and cups so you can make your own tea and instant coffee (CP3 and 4 only)
Considerably more information on Checkpoints can also be found on the Support Crew page here
We understand that the challenge of competing in the Margaret River Ultra Marathon is hard enough without having to juggle difficult logistics and event requirements on the day. As such, we will be providing the following services to competitors to help make your run as enjoyable, and straight forward as possible.
Finish line to the Start line:
Bus transport is available for runners on race morning from the FINISH at the Cheeky Monkey to the START at Hamelin Bay.
- $25 pp
- PRE-BOOK! Purchase during online entry; or the merchandise page
- The bus will depart from The Cheeky Monkey at 5:30am
- Note: This is more relevant to solo runners who do not have a support crew but is accessible for anyone who needs it.
- Please note bus bookings close at 8:00am AEST Thursday 26 April
Finish line to Check points:
- Bag transport available for competitors (that may have spare clothing, personal nutrition, supplies...) to each checkpoint, and back again once you’ve gone through.
- Drop at the Registration marquee at the Finish line (Cheeky Monkey)
- Bags to be transported must be in a sealed bag, with your race number and checkpoint location clearly marked on the top. One bag no heavier than 10kg per person.
Start line to Finish line:
- Bag transport available from the start line at Hamelin bay back to the finish at the Cheeky Monkey (eg, warm clothes you’ve worn to the start line)
- Please ensure clothing/bag is clearly labelled with your race number and name.
NOTE: These bag transports are most relevant to solo runners who do not have a support crew but are accessible for anyone who needs them.
A massage therapist will be available at registration on Friday night at the Cheeky Monkey and again at the finish on Saturday afternoon to help iron out any sore muscles. Further details to be advised nearer the time.
A comprehensive medical team will be attending the event to assist with any first aid or medical accidents that occur to competitors or support crew during the event. This will include an event doctor
RESULTS / RESULTS CENTRE
Results will be uploaded to the event website as soon as all competitors have finished, and will be printed and posted to the event notice board at the event expo for viewing Saturday and Sunday.
Official result presentations on Sunday 10:00am at The Cheeky Monkey.
Live Event Splits
Live splits from each check point will be sent directly to the web (and a mobile friendly website) during the race so you can follow your team mates and friends to see how they are going (the live splits are a great way for team mates to track your team to see where they are.) You can nominate runners you want to track around the course or see the current standings in each category whilst the race is under way. The links will be provided just prior to race weekend.
SOCIAL FUNCTIONS / ENTERTAINMENT
Location: Cheeky Monkey Brewery and Cidery, Caves Road, Wilyabrup WA
- FRIDAY 4 MAY:
- The Cheeky Monkey will be open for meals, snacks and drinks during Registration (from 5pm) and before/after the competitor briefing at 7:00pm.
- There is also a kids playground area!
- SATURDAY 5 MAY – RACE DAY:
- 1pm – 6pm
- Event expo including live music, food, drinks, massage and entertainment at The Cheeky Monkey! Don’t forget the kids playground!
- Finishers in the Margaret River Ultra Marathon will keep crossing the finish line until approx 12:00am.
- Food and drink offers available at the Cheeky Monkey.
- SUNDAY 6 MAY:
- 9:30am: Kids’ Run event at The Cheeky Monkey
- 10:00am Presentations for the Margaret River Ultra Marathon - The Cheeky Monkey
- Food and drink offers available at the Cheeky Monkey.