Update: The Falls Creek Mountain Raid will not be going ahead in 2017.
Falls Creek Mountain Raid Adventure Race
The Falls Creek Mountain Raid provides an amazing journey through the stunning Australian high country.
You're guaranteed to enjoy the natural beauty that the region offers whilst you test your mental and physical endurance, team working skills and ability across a number of different disciplines.
The Adventure Race is conducted in a unique format that makes it challenging yet attainable for a variety of adventure types ranging from your diehard adventure junkies through to weekend warriors and newcomers giving it a go for the first time. There will be both long course and short course races over one or two days, so you can tackle the challenge that suits you.
Adventure Race format
- Teams of 2 or 4 people who complete the whole course together (this is not a relay)
- 2 day or NEW 1 day race format where you race in the day and rest overnight
- Long course and short course options: Long course’s race for approx. 8-10hrs a day whilst short course competitors race for 4-7hrs a day
- Disciplines include: trail running, mountain biking, kayaking and other off-road surprises
- Teams navigate from one transition area to the next, collecting as many mandatory and optional check points along the way as you can.
- Designed for intermediate level athletes (long course) and beginner level athletes (short course) and for those who want to experience a real adventure!
- With or without a support crew - we can help if you don't have a support crew
Haven't done much navigating before?
Never fear, there is plenty of help available. Check out the Training and Preparation page for advice.
“We loved every minute of it, especially the views today. Physically it’s a real test of endurance and mental strength but it was really fun,” – Team “Trotting Chicks Mark II”, an all-female team with two newcomers to the sport.
A little video insight into the event:
New for 2016
- 2 person team category (in addition to the 4 person option)
- 1 day adventure race option (in addition to the 2-day)
- ‘Support Crew’ assistance options – we can support you
- Surprise activities included in the course
- Prize money for overall winning team of 2 and team of 4 (Long course, 2-day only)
- Long-sleeve event t-shirt for all competitors
A support crew is necessary for teams in one way or another. Two options:
- Bring your own support crew and they can move your race equipment and help you at the different transition areas
- We can provide support crew assistance for you where we will move your equipment to each TA on your behalf.
See the Support Crews page for further information.