The Falls Creek Mountain Raid will not be going ahead in 2017
What is the Falls Creek Mountain Raid?
In a snapshot
WHEN: 13 and 14 February, 2016
WHERE: Falls Creek Alpine Village, Victoria
WHAT: 2 day or 1 day navigational adventure races AND a collection of 4 spectacular trail running races
WHO: Teams of 2 or 4 in the Adventure Race and anyone in the Trail Runs - get involved!
HOW: Entries are now open - ENTER HERE
Falls Creek, Victoria is a remarkable alpine environment featuring the stunning Rocky Valley Lake and the Bogong High Plains. Falls Creek is 4.5hr from Melbourne, an easy day’s drive from Sydney and under 2 hours from Albury.
Mountain Raid Adventure Race
A two-day or one-day navigational adventure race through the unique alpine landscapes around Falls Creek in summer.
Teams of 2 or 4 athletes raid the mountains whilst running on superb alpine trails, mountain biking on flowing single track, paddling on the stunning Rocky Valley Lake, whilst working together with your team mate(s) to navigate your way around this challenging adventure course.
- Kayaking, trail running, trekking, mountain biking – all navigational.
- Full and Half Course options available.
- Teams of 2 or 4 athletes who do the entire event together.
- 1 or 2 day options (1 day is Saturday only).
- 2 person team category
- 1 day adventure race option in addition to the main 2-day, 2-stage race
- Prize money for overall winning team of 2 and team of 4 (Long course, 2-day only)
- Long-sleeve event t-shirt
- ‘Support Crew’ assistance options
- Surprise novelty activities amongst the disciplines
Mountain Raid Trail Runs
A collection of Trail Runs will be held across the weekend, providing the opportunity for runners to experience the spectacular alpine trails and lofty mountain summits around Falls Creek.
- 11.5km Alpine Ash Run - Saturday morning
- 4.2km Summit Sprint - Saturday afternoon
- 5.5km Falls Creek Explorer – Sunday morning
- 19km Heathy Spur Run - Sunday morning
Open to runners of all levels, whether you're after a leisurely jog through the pristine mountain air or a hard core, off-road challenge to test you.