Frequently asked questions
If you cannot find the answer to your question below, please e-mail email@example.com
1. Will I recieve my race plate in the mail?
If you paid for Race Plate Postage when your completed your event entry, your number plate will be posted out to you on or before Tuesday 27 February, 2018. Otherwise you will need to collect your number plate from the registration marquee in the event expo between 4 - 7pm on Friday the 9th of March. Please note, you can have someone collect on your behalf.
If you have completed your entry but would still like your race plate posted, please log back into your entry and add 'Race Plate Postage' (in the merchandise store), then ensure you make payment to confim.
Please note race plate postage cut-off is 8am, Thursday 22 February.
2. How do I update my entry details?
If you would like to update your postal address or amend any details you provided during the entry process, you can log back in to your profile to make changes. If you wish to change your event or withdraw, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Am I able to obtain a refund if I withdraw?
If a competitor voluntarily withdraws from the event and notifies Rapid Ascent prior to 8am (AEDT) Friday 23rd February 2018 the race entrant has the choice of receiving either a credit or refund:
- Refund - Refund can be offered less an administration fee of 20% of the entry fee paid with a minimum fee of of $10 and maximum of $40.
- Credit - Credit towards a subsequent event less an administration fee of 15%
This must be communicated via email to email@example.com
If a competitor voluntarily withdraws from the Shimano Bike Buller Festival and notifies Rapid Ascent after 8am (AEDT) Friday 23rd February 2018: No cash refund or entry credit will be given in any circumstances.
Full Refund Policy details are available HERE
4. Will I be able to enter my children on the day?
Yes – we will be taking entries on the day for the kids participation ride (unless sold out prior)
5. Can someone under the age of 18 participate in Bike Buller?
Yes – as long as the competitor has an understanding of the event. A parent or guardian will need to provide their name and date of birth during the online entry process. You will also be asked to check a box to confirm that you have read our indemnity form.
You can review our event Terms and Conditions HERE
6. Can I camp during the event?
No – you cannot camp at Mount Buller. For all accommodation requirements please call 1800 285 537 (Central Reservations) or firstname.lastname@example.org
7. When do online entries close?
8:00am Thursday 8th March 2018 (unless sold out prior)
8. I have entered 2 races at the event and wish to add another, do I still get a t-shirt? How do I update my entry?
Please log back into your entry and enter the additional race. If you have entered any 3 of these events prior to 8:00am (AEDT) Friday 9 February, 2018 you will receice a t-shirt:
Stirling - Cornhill Circuit 30km
Mt Buller Super-D
Outlaw All Mountain Trophy
9. Is there any compulsory equipment required?
All competitors in the Gravity Enduro and Stirling - Circuit 30km must carry the following compulsory equipment from the start to the finish:
- A First Aid kit comprising: 2 x crepe bandages, 2 x non-adhesive wound dressings, 6 x steri-strip wound closures, 1 x triangular bandage, surgical gloves.
- Mobile phone (there is good mobile reception on the courses so they could be essential in an emergency).
All competitors in the Outlaw All Mountain Trophy, ABOM Downhill and Gravity Enduro must wear a full face helmet.
10. Where can I obtain more information about Mount Buller's trails?
Want all the details on Mt Buller and their endless trail network, accommodation, trail status, new trails and more? Then click onto Mt Buller’s Bike Buller website to hear it from the home of alpine action: www.bikebuller.com.au
Other Rapid Ascent events
If you are looking for 2 other superb MTB events then we'd have to recommend the following (which happen to be run by us as well):
Otway Odyssey Presented by Focus
Forrest, 24th and 25th February, 2018. www.otwayodyssey.com.au
Lock it in the diary now because this is The Ultimate MTB Marathon and a must ride event for any true mountain biker. The Otway Odyssey takes riders on an epic 100km, 50km, 30km or 10km mountain bike journey along some truly awesome trails in and around the MTB mecca of Forrest. We expanded the event in 2017 to include 2 gravel grind events - called The Great Otway Gravel Grind (The GOGG) that allows road riders and other (recreational) riders to participate in this epic event.
Alice Springs, NT. 23-26 August, 2018 www.the redback.com.au
An awe inspiring mountain bike stage race in and around the majestic MacDonnell Ranges of Alice Springs. With 6 racing stages over 4 days varying from a 45 second hill sprint to a challenging 50km ride, time trials, a night ride and more, this is MTB nirvana with plenty of flowing single track, incredible scenery and friendly camaraderie