Frequently asked questions
If you cannot find the answer to your question below, please e-mail email@example.com
1. Will I recieve my race plate in the mail?
No. You will need to collect your number plate from the registration marquee in the event expo between 4 - 7pm on Friday the 8th of March or at any other point when registration is open over the weekend (lots). Please note, you can have someone collect on your behalf.
2. How do I update my entry details?
If you would like to update your postal address or amend any details you provided during the entry process, you can log back in to your profile to make changes. If you wish to change your event or withdraw, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Am I able to obtain a refund if I withdraw?
If a competitor voluntarily withdraws from the event and notifies Rapid Ascent prior to 8am (AEDT) Friday 22nd February 2019 the race entrant has the choice of receiving either a credit or refund:
- Refund - Refund can be offered less an administration fee of 20% of the entry fee paid with a minimum fee of of $10 and maximum of $40.
- Credit - Credit towards a subsequent event less an administration fee of 15%
This must be communicated via email to email@example.com
If a competitor voluntarily withdraws from the Shimano Bike Buller Festival and notifies Rapid Ascent after 8am (AEDT) Friday 22nd February 2019: No cash refund or entry credit will be given in any circumstances.
Full Refund Policy details are available HERE
4. Will I be able to enter my children on the day?
Yes – we will be taking entries on the day for the kids participation ride (unless sold out prior)
5. Can someone under the age of 18 participate in Bike Buller?
Yes – as long as the competitor has an understanding of the event. A parent or guardian will need to provide their name and date of birth during the online entry process. You will also be asked to check a box to confirm that you have read our indemnity form.
You can review our event Terms and Conditions HERE
6. Can I camp during the event?
No – you cannot camp on Mount Buller specifically but you can camp at Mirimbah at the base of the mountain. For all accommodation requirements please call 1800 285 537 (Central Reservations) or firstname.lastname@example.org
7. When do online entries close?
8:00am Thursday 7th March 2019 (unless sold out prior)
8. Is there any compulsory equipment required?
All competitors in the Gravity Enduro and Epic Trail Pt to Pt and Corn Hill Grand Prix must carry the following compulsory equipment from the start to the finish:
- A First Aid kit comprising: 2 x crepe bandages, 2 x non-adhesive wound dressings, 6 x steri-strip wound closures, 1 x triangular bandage, surgical gloves.
- Mobile phone (there is good mobile reception on the courses so they could be essential in an emergency).
All competitors in the ABOM Downhill and Gravity Enduro must wear a full face helmet.
10. Where can I obtain more information about Mount Buller's trails?
Want all the details on Mt Buller and their endless trail network, accommodation, trail status, new trails and more? Then click onto Mt Buller’s Bike Buller website to hear it from the home of alpine action: www.bikebuller.com.au
11. Can I buy a lift ticket if I am not competing in the ABOM Downhill or the Gravity Enduro?
Yes, lift tickets (Saturday and Sunday ONLY) are available for purchase on the mountain from Horse Hill or Dam Station (Spurs). Ticket pricing as follows:
- Adult MTB day pass $65
- Child MTB day pass $50 (child is U18 yo)
- Adult sightseeing pass $22
- Child sightseeing pass $16
- Over 70yo and under 5yo free of charge
If you are entering the ABOM Downhill or Gravity Enduro, a full one-day lift pass for your race day is included in your entry fee.
Other Rapid Ascent events
If you are looking for 2 other superb MTB events then we'd have to recommend the following (which happen to be run by us as well):
Otway Odyssey Presented by Focus
Forrest, 23rd and 24th February, 2019. www.otwayodyssey.com.au
Lock it in the diary now because this is The Ultimate MTB Marathon and a must ride event for any true mountain biker. The Otway Odyssey takes riders on an epic 100km, 50km, 30km or 10km mountain bike journey along some truly awesome trails in and around the MTB mecca of Forrest. We expanded the event in 2017 to include 2 gravel grind events - called The Great Otway Gravel Grind (The GOGG) that allows road riders and other (recreational) riders to participate in this epic event.
Alice Springs, NT. 22-25 August, 2019 www.the redback.com.au
An awe inspiring mountain bike stage race in and around the majestic MacDonnell Ranges of Alice Springs. With 6 racing stages over 4 days varying from a 45 second hill sprint to a challenging 50km ride, time trials, a night ride and more, this is MTB nirvana with plenty of flowing single track, incredible scenery and friendly camaraderie