FINAL EVENT INFORMATION: We encourage all riders to download and read the 'Event Program' before race weekend. This contains all the final event information like schedule, course maps, race rules, and more… and is essential reading for competitors. CLICK HERE FOR MORE
Online entries have closed but we are still taking entries at race registration!
To help speed up the process, please download and complete this form:
WAVE START TIMES
ABOM Seeding >>CLICK HERE<<
Gravity Enduro Pro >>CLICK HERE<<
Gravity Enduro Amateur >>CLICK HERE<<
Super D >>CLICK HERE<<
Early entry fee - Entries received before 8:00am Friday 21 December 2018
Base entry fee - Entries received between 8:00am Friday 21 December and 8:00am Wednesday 6 March 2019
Late entry fee - Entries received after 8:00am Wednesday 6 March 2019
||Early entry fee
||Base entry fee
||Late entry fee
|Epic Trail point to point - 46km *
|ABOM Downhill #
|Kids' village ride
|16" Dual Slalom
|Slopestyle - CLICK HERE
|Gravity Enduro - 'pro' categories #
|Gravity Enduro - 'amateur' categories #
|Corn Hill grand prix - 20km *
|Mt Buller Super-D
|Mt Buller Super-D - available to riders who have also raced the Gravity Enduro or Corn Hill 20km
CLICK HERE to register for the ATC HIghline Slopestyle
# Gravity Gods combined category events
* X-Country Whippet combined category events
Points to note:
- The discounted Super-D entry fee is available to riders who have already raced on Sunday - in either the Gravity Enduro or the Corn Hill 20km
- Gravity Enduro 'pro' categories are: Elite, Expert, Under 19 male and female. 'Amateur' categories are: Under 15, Under 17, Sport, Veteran (30-39yrs), Masters (40+ years), Super Masters (50+) - male and female.
- Entry fees to the following events include a full day lift pass on the day of competition valued at $65: ABOM Downhill (for Saturday), Gravity Enduro (for Sunday).
Junior Riders aged under 17yrs on 31st March 2019 receive a 20% discount off entry fees. (Does not apply to Kids Village Ride, Dual Slalom or Slopestyle events).
Gravity Gods and XC Whippets get a free t-shirt
Enter either the two Gravity Gods events or the two XC Whippets events before 10:00am Monday 4th February and you receive a free event t-shirt valued at $30.
- Gravity Gods: enter the two designated gravity races (#) and contest the overall gravity champion title - overall and age category.
- XC Whippets: enter the two designated X-Country races (*) and be part of the overall XC champion title - overall and age category.
Click here for more details on the combined race categories.
What do I get for my entry fee?
Event Entry fee inclusions:
- An event branded t-shirt valued at $30 - for those who enter the Gravity Gods events or XC Whippet events prior to 10:00am Monday 4th February
- A one day lift pass on the Northside Express chairlift valued at $65 - for those who enter the ABOM DH or Gravity Enduro events
- A professionaly conducted and coordinated race in the chosen format
- Race number plate
- Fully marked, marshalled and managed race courses
- Medical support whilst racing
- On course race nutrition for XC and Gravity Enduro events
- Free entry to the Picnic in the Park - for those entered into the Super-D
- Professional photographer capturing images of the race
- Electronic timing with multiple mid race splits
Shimano Bike Buller Festival is one of only two weekends when the lifts will spin this summer, so take advantage and grab a lift ticket! Lift tickets are available for purchase on the mountain from Horse HIll and Dam Station.
- Adult MTB day pass $65
- Child MTB day pass $50 (child is U18 yo)
- Adult sightseeing pass $22
- Child sightseeing pass $16
- Over 70yo and under 5yo free of charge
If you are entering the ABOM Downhill or Gravity Enduro, a full one-day lift pass for your race day is included in your entry fee.
Please note the following field limits will be enforced for the event
- Epic Trail 46km point to point - 300 riders
- ABOM Downhill - 300 riders
- Kids Village Ride - 150 riders
- 16” Dual Slalom – 32 riders
- Slopestyle – 32 riders
- Gravity Enduro - 350 riders
- Super-D - 200 riders
NOTE: Some entries to the 16" Dual Slalom and Slopestyle will be accepted online prior but we will also reserve a few entries for on the day riders.
Shimano Bike Buller Festival Entries will be available online for each race right up until 15 minutes prior to race start. At the event, you can enter online using your own smart device or see us at race regstration to enter on one of our laptops. We strongly encourage you to enter prior to arriving at race registration to avoid delays.
>>CLICK HERE TO ENTER<<
If a competitor voluntarily withdraws from the event and notifies Rapid Ascent prior to 8:00am (AEDT) Friday 22 February 2019 the race entrant has the choice of receiving either a credit or refund:
- Refund - Refund can be offered less an administration fee of 20% of the entry fee paid (minimum fee paid to be $10 and maximum of $40).
- Credit - Credit towards a subsequent event less an administration fee of 15%
This must be communicated via email to [email protected]
If a competitor voluntarily withdraws from the Shimano Bike Buller Festival and notifies Rapid Ascent after 8:00am (AEDT) Friday 22 February 2019: No cash refund or entry credit will be given in any circumstances.
- Payment for online entries is via Credit Card transaction via our secure, 128-bit encrypted credit card payment gateway. Should you require alternative payment options please contact Rapid Ascent
- Juniors must be under the age of 18 on race day
- Providing there are spaces available, a rider may transfer from a higher entry fee event to a lower entry fee event category up to 8:00am (AEDT) Thursday 7 March, 2019. In this case the difference between the two entry fees will be refunded as a credit to another Rapid Ascent event less a $30 admin fee or refunded as cash less a $40 admin fee. A rider may transfer from a higher entry fee to a lower entry fee event category at race registration (providing spaces are available), no credit or refund will be provided.
- Providing there are spaces available, a rider may transfer from a lower entry fee event to a high entry fee event up to race registration for the cost of the increase in entry fee only – no admin fee will be charged.
If the event is deemed unsafe or unable to be held on the proposed date due to extreme climatic conditions, the following steps shall be followed:
- Rapid Ascent will endeavour to reschedule the event to another date with all entries carrying over to the new date
- If you are unable to attend the newly proposed date no refunds will be made
- If the event cannot be rescheduled for any reason, Rapid Ascent will endeavour to refund a component of your entry fee after all event costs have been taken into consideration OR offer all participants an entry credit (of a value to be determined by Rapid Ascent) to a future Rapid Ascent event .
- In all other circumstances it should be assumed that the event is still going ahead UNLESS otherwise stated
- Rapid Ascent reserves the right to alter or amend the originally proposed course(s) from that which was published on the event website for any reason
- Advice of any event postponement or change will be made on the front page of the event website as early as possible before the event, and will be posted to the official race notice board at the registration marquee