WELCOME TO THE ADVENTURE WARRIOR TO BE HELD ON SATURDAY 3rd NOVEMBER, 2018.
As part of the re-structured 2018 Augusta Adventure Fest, we have created a suite of 4 NEW standalone races on Saturday that combined together are called the Adventure Warrior - with the fastest cumulative time receiving the male, female and now relay team** Warrior titles!
This is the ultmate adventure racing experience! With the standalone races in ocean swimming, paddling, trail running and MTB being held one after the other on Saturday, it provides plenty of racing but also time for rest, recovery (and heckling!) between each event.
**RELAY TEAMS RE-INTRODUCED:
We heard your feedback, and we listened! The Adventure Warrior now includes a team category tying each of the standalone races together.
Feedback received made us realise how important (and fun!) doing races as part of a team is, so we're exctied to re-introduce this to the weekend opportunites for 2018. So round up your rmates, pick a standalone race (or 2!) each, and you could be in the running to receive the inagural Adventure Warrior Champion Team Title!
Each of the standalone race courses are next level events that pass through the best of the best landcapes with an iconic challenge in an incredible part of the world. So put it on your bucket list, and sign up for a real adventure in a magnificent part of the world!
- When: Saturday 3rd November, 2018
- Where: Turner Caravan Park, Albany Tce and the wild Augusta surroundings ‘down south’
- Entries: HERE!
- Courses and Start Time: Races are held separately with different start times throughout the day. This is NOT a non-stop race...
- Prize money: The Overall Adventure Warrior Male / Female winners will receive $500 each
- Races include:
Shire of Augusta Margaret River Ocean Swim: 2km
Ocean Paddle: 15km
Trail Run: 15km
Mountain Bike: 35km
To contest the Adventure Warrior an athlete can either complete all standalone races themselves in the individual categories, or as a relay team of 2 to 4 people.
Each race course is truly iconic and includes the following key features:
- Shire of Augusta Margaret River Ocean Swim - 8:30am start
- starting at Flinders Bay and heading through the clear waters inside the reef systems
- Ocean paddle - 10:00am start
- paddling south past Flinders Bay and around an island adjacent the Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse
- Trail Run - 1:00pm start
- A breathtaking run that begins on the huge granite domes below Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse and heads north along the Cape to Cape Track and other diverse landscapes
- Mountain Bike - 3:30pm start
- A fast and furious MTB race through hinterland roads, tracks and trails
The Adventure Warrior is designed for individuals and relay teams. The standalone races will be run consecutively across Saturday, with time for rest/recovery between each event.
For the individual option, the one athlete must do all 4 races to get an Adventure Warrior result. The faster you go the more recovery you get!
Relay teams must consist of 2 to 4 competitors, each racing 1 or more of the standalone races depending on your team make up. Eg, For a team of 3: Competitor A might do the Swim and the MTB; with team mate B doing the Ocean Paddle, and team mate C doing the Trail run.