FINAL EVENT INFORMATION: We encourage all competitors to download and read the 'Event Program' before race weekend. This contains all the final event information like schedule, course maps, race rules, equipment lists… and is essential reading for competitors and support crews. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.
Be part of the BIGGEST ADVENTURE RACE WEEKEND IN THE WORLD in this spectacular OCEAN PADDLE!
Calling all keen paddlers and adventure racers – this is an iconic paddle race that should truly get you excited as you paddle around an island just off-shore from the Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse and the sheltered waters of Flinders Bay.
With a mass start to get you excited and plenty of water safety craft to keep an eye on things, this is a unique opportunity to complete an iconic paddle course down near Cape Leeuwin!
This standalone paddle race means you no longer have to organsie a team or do multiple legs to hit the water as part of this huge event weekend, so put the boat on your car and head south for this standalone event.
- When: Saturday 3rd November, 2018
- Time: 10:00am
- Where: Augusta, WA.
- Start: on the ocean beach side Hardy Inlet rivermouth
- Finish: Colourpatch, and 200m run to the Turner Caravan Park
- Course: 15km Ocean Paddle
- Who: Individual paddlers, and those doing all standalone events as part of the Adventure Warrior
- Entry Fees & Info: Click Here
- Enter Online: HERE!
- Results: CLICK HERE
Ocean paddle clinic - Friday 2 November - $10
Dean Gardiner from Oceanpaddler will be hosting an Ocean Paddling Clinic on Friday 2 Nov before the big event. Learn some of the tricks on how to negotiate surf, use chop and race more efficiently in open water on your ski or kayak.
- Ten Time World Surf Ski Champion
- World Outrigger Canoe Champion
- Multiple Winner of SLSA National Titles
- Member of the Australian Professional Lifeguard Team 91-2001
The clinic will take approximately eighty minutes and involve both theory and some practical work in the river mouth. PFDs and Leashs required.
- Location: Oceanpaddler/Fenn Tent at race venue and river mouth.
- Time/Date: 2pm Friday 2nd November
- Cost: $10PP | FREE for under 18s