Be part of the BIGGEST ADVENTURE RACE WEEKEND IN THE WORLD in this spectacular OCEAN PADDLE!
Calling all keen paddlers and adventure racers – this is an iconic paddle race that should truly get you excited as you paddle around an island just off-shore from the Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse and the sheltered waters of Flinders Bay.
With a mass start to get you excited and plenty of water safety craft to keep an eye on things, this is a unique opportunity to complete an iconic paddle course down near Cape Leeuwin!
This standalone paddle race means you no longer have to organsie a team or do multiple legs to hit the water as part of this huge event weekend, so put the boat on your car and head south for this standalone event.
- When: Saturday 3rd November, 2018
- Time: 10:00am
- Where: Augusta, WA.
- Start: on the ocean beach side Hardy Inlet rivermouth
- Finish: Colourpatch, and 200m run to the Turner Caravan Park
- Course: 15km Ocean Paddle
- Who: Individual paddlers, and those doing all standalone events as part of the Adventure Warrior
- Entry Fees & Info: Click Here
- Enter Online: HERE!
Ocean paddle clinic - Friday 2 November - $10
Dean Gardiner from Oceanpaddler will be hosting an Ocean Paddling Clinic on Friday 2 Nov before the big event. Learn some of the tricks on how to negotiate surf, use chop and race more efficiently in open water on your ski or kayak.
- Ten Time World Surf Ski Champion
- World Outrigger Canoe Champion
- Multiple Winner of SLSA National Titles
- Member of the Australian Professional Lifeguard Team 91-2001
The clinic will take approximately eighty minutes and involve both theory and some practical work in the river mouth. PFDs and Leashs required.
- Location: Oceanpaddler/Fenn Tent at race venue and river mouth.
- Time/Date: 2pm Friday 2nd November
- Cost: $10PP | FREE for under 18s